Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/24/2004 2:58:23 PM EDT
What do you think about this?

www.valkyriearms.com/m3.htm

With the SOS Fake Suppressor its $815.

If I lived somewhere I could do a SBR it would be mine in an instant but since that's not an option right now I'm not sure I like the look with the standard 16" bbl.

Anybody have one of have experience with them?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:20:38 PM EDT
[#1]
The price seems a little funny to me. Are these full auto? The grease guns were produced because they cost about 1/10th as much to manufacture as a Thompson. If it's not full auto I don't understand why it's so expensive. Other than that, I always thought a grease gun would be cool just for the S and giggles factor.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]

I talked to the company president a while back, and she told me there were plans to offer the M3 with a retractable stock now that the AWB is dead.  Also, Autoweapons.com has the M3 suppressors for about $895.  

This may be one of my next weapons - not sure yet.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:57:02 PM EDT
[#3]
The retractable stock variant will take an absolute MINIMUM of 6 months to appear; a year or 2 is more likely.  I worked there until today.    

Shotgun, the price reflects the ammount of time and machining that is put into each greasegun.  Each one is hand-built.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#4]

The retractable stock variant will take an absolute MINIMUM of 6 months to appear; a year or 2 is more likely. I worked there until today.

Thanks for the information. Think maybe I'll wait for the retractable stock. Must have at least one evil feature.

Did they have layoffs?

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:12:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I handled a Valkyrie Grease gun at Bullseye SS, I was not impressed at all.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The retractable stock variant will take an absolute MINIMUM of 6 months to appear; a year or 2 is more likely.  I worked there until today.    

Shotgun, the price reflects the ammount of time and machining that is put into each greasegun.  Each one is hand-built.

Why?  I figured it was just the wire stock welded....isnt it?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:28:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Picture looks Photoshopped to me.  I would think they would sell Greese Guns with short barrels and no stocks as pistols (ala tec-9) and offer stocks and longer barrels as options.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 10:54:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn, thats expensive.

Id rather have one of these for the price, $595
www.vectorarms.com/indexframe.html
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 2:18:43 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The price seems a little funny to me. Are these full auto? The grease guns were produced because they cost about 1/10th as much to manufacture as a Thompson. If it's not full auto I don't understand why it's so expensive. Other than that, I always thought a grease gun would be cool just for the S and giggles factor.

They're semi only.  And thats really cheap compared to the cost of a registered full-auto M3/M3A1; a real one would cost around $12k to $15k ...and thats IF you can find one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:08:30 AM EDT
[#10]
tag
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:05:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Way too high.  With Vector Uzis under $600 you'd be insane to pay that much for a Grease gun.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 5:27:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I like mine better

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:17:00 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I like mine better

users.rcn.com/philistine/m3a1.jpg

Considering they originally only sold for $18.50, I'll give you $650 for it right now. But you have to toss in some mags and a bit of ammo too
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:55:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Hey, to be fair, $18.50 in 1944 dollars is $188.12 in 2003 dollars
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 10:04:20 AM EDT
[#15]
Princeton, the boss went to Knob Creek and planned on being gone for 3 weeks (driving).  I couldn't afford to be out of work for that long.  

Mr45auto, yeah.  The wire stock is TIG-welded to the receiver tube.
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 11:34:41 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I talked to the company president a while back,

Edited for the light hearted...
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 12:28:34 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did she tell you about her sex life??? Hehehe

No - should I have asked?

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:52:28 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I handled a Valkyrie Grease gun at Bullseye SS, I was not impressed at all.

What was wrong with it?

Scott
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 9:41:40 PM EDT
[#19]
That make you happy?
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:05:40 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:07:18 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did she tell you about her sex life??? Hehehe

No - should I have asked?

Well I called her around 10 months ago, about ordering a gun for a customer.. Now don't get me wrong she is a nice lady, talked with her last year at Knob Creek, but on the phone she told me way more about her personal life than I needed to know..

Well, if I remember correctly from the website, she is a pilot, so maybe there is a possibility of joining the Mile High Club here....hmmmm......  

Back to the original subject, I finally held a Thompson yesterday at the fun show, and I was surprised at how heavy it was.  Yes, I have always read that of course, but it's different when you actually pick it up for the first time.  So now the M3 is back to the near-top of my list.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 5:40:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Well I called her around 10 months ago, about ordering a gun for a customer.. Now don't get me wrong she is a nice lady, talked with her last year at Knob Creek, but on the phone she told me way more about her personal life than I needed to know..

If she says what you claim she says, evidently she thought that you two were close enough that she could tell you something in confidence.  

Evidently she was wrong.

Funny thing, in all the countless hours I have spent with her, the subject has never came up.

Val is a good Woman & has more than a few friends around here, you may wish to reconsider this course of topic..

ETA:
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 11:17:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If she says what you claim she says, evidently she thought that you two were close enough that she could tell you something in confidence.  

Evidently she was wrong.

Funny thing, in all the countless hours I have spent with her, the subject has never came up.

Val is a good Woman & has more than a few friends around here, you may wish to reconsider this course of topic..

ETA:

+100

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:01:01 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

I don't know her well..  

Evidently she was wrong.

Maybe it wasn't her, I never got a name, just the woman that answered the phone..

ETA:

Beating excepted. I did'nt know my comment would offend you soo much. BTW I was never formally trained in political correctness...
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 3:32:20 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Maybe it wasn't her, I never got a name, just the woman that answered the phone..

So now, by your own admission you are spreading unsubstantiated allegations based on an alleged phone call with someone who you cant even say who it was?

I did'nt know my comment would offend you soo much. BTW I was never formally trained in political correctness...

I am not offended, I think you are wrong, way wrong. For one the thread is about a gun, not some bullshit you wish to spread on the internet.  You decided to go OT and then proceeded to cast dispersions about the gunmaker.

It has shit to do with political correctness, it has to do with decorum, tact and manners, all of which is evident you were never "formally home trained" in. Dont try and liberal spin this, you said it, and even a former employee, who is unhappy with her for being unemployed agrees, you are way out of line.

Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#26]
Back in the day, I carrried both the M3 and M3A1 grease gun as it was a standard issue weapon for M60A3 tank crews thru the 80"s and up to the Mid 90"s. I was never impressed with the performace. it has a slow rate of fire (450 RPM) and had shit for acccuracy with non adjustable sheet metal sights.  It was unreliable and would have numerous stoppages while emptying a 30 rd magazine. Tank crew Loaders and drivers were issued them.  It was a pain to dissasemble the triggger group and even harder to reassemble.  it came with a nylon pouch that could hold 6 mags.  The running joke with crews use to be that if your tank got hit and you had to bail out, you would ditch the grease gun and grab the M240 Coax, an asbesto's mit and 2 box's of ammo..... later they actually incorporated that procedure in the Field manual under evacuation procedures...

for that kind of money I would pass on it unless you really have a burning desire to own one. I could find better weapons to blow that kinda cash on, just my Humble $.02
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#27]
Wow, I always thought the M3 had the rep of a  reliable piece of equipment.   Is it possible yours were just 40 year old worn out junk?   I know when I was in the AF we unwrapped new AR15 marked M16's that were built in the early 70's and this was in the late 80's.   The rifles we were first issued in 87 were built in 1969 and in service as Security Police service rifles since new.   18 year old rifles issued to 18 year olds.  :)   Btw, they had seen some very hard use before I ever got one.     Also same with the M1911's the army had.  Last one purchased in 1945 meant there was some very old stuff out there.  
Link Posted: 9/28/2004 1:45:52 PM EDT
[#28]
You now how it goes. some people have positive experiences, some don't. That was just mine firing several different weapons when On the range. And actually thhe M3's and M3A1's we had in the Guard were in pretty Minty condition as they do not see the same wear and tear as tthe one's I had on Active duty. and we had boat loads of brand new mags still in he silver Mylar wrapper from the factory.

I'm sure there are some that had a good experience with it. For the Tankers it was a spray and pray solution to compliment your individualy assigned M1911A1, which were just as old but I always had a Positive experience with them on thhe ranges. If it were me and I wanted a class 3 version I would opt for what I think would be more reliable. (like a M1928) which I think is very reliable and fun... just my $.02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top