Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2004 8:59:55 PM EDT
I was wanting to know if the open bolt firing issue died with AWB or is it still in play.  If it died then this might open up some new build options.  If anyone knows please post.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:01:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Still intact
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:15:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That sucks!  I was thinking an open bolt semi MAC-10 version build, maybe we can get that law repealed.  thanks
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:27:44 PM EDT
[#3]
"That Law" will never be repealed...

It's the 68-ammended NFA

The problem is that open bolt guns are "readily convertable" to machineguns.

The solution is to repeal 922(o), and get new FA MACs again...

Or pay $2500 for a transferrable  FA MAC....
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:55:35 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish we could get rid of 922(o) making some new FA's would be sweet.  Hopefully someone will come up with a way of getting rid of it.  Sadly though,I think it would take an invasion from Mars or China to make it obsolete.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:37:16 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:41:09 PM EDT
[#6]
That actually is, as stated, a ruling related to the '34 NFA.  '94 AWB never did have anything to machine guns.

Also unrelated to the expired '94 AWB, barrels under 16" or overall length less than 26" ('34 NFA).

Unrelated to importing "non-sporting" semiautos ('89 ruling as per order from President, deriving authority for their ruling from '68 GCA).

You guys really need to read these laws.  Yes, your eyes will cross and you will wonder who wrote this $#!+.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top