Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2004 8:25:03 PM EDT
Has there been any changes to the P22 over the years?  Is there a German made version and a US made version like the P99 or are all P22s US made?

Any when I talk about the US made P99, I'm not talking about the S&W SW99.

Scott
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:20:23 PM EDT
[#1]
I looked into buying one a couple years ago because of the " cool factor " My son and I are into James bond stuff and when he switched to the P99 I was just getting my son into shooting so the
P22 seemed a natural choice .

However I talked to several people and even saw a p22  in action at my range .  All the reactions I got were negative . So I decided to go with the Browning Buckmark .
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 6:33:47 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a P22, it works fine for me and my girl. She doesn't have the strength to work the slide on most 22s (yeah, I know) but she can handle the P22 no problem. Fun little plinker.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 7:07:57 PM EDT
[#3]
mine is great. you can add all the big pistol accesories on to it at a very reasonable price from walther. im training my girlfriend with it. its great it isnt loud & theres no recoil [her 2 bigest fears]. IMHO money well spent.

clarification edit- im training my girlfriend to shoot pistols with it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:16:33 AM EDT
[#4]
I love mine; definitely a fun little plinker.  Got a CAC22 supressor for it so with subsonic loads its about as loud as a CO2 pistol.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:08:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Love mine.  got both barrels.  works great.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:07:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
 and a US made version like the P99

Scott

These are no longer made.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:58:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I love mine. It'll hang up a bit when dirty, but it's a fun plinker
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 6:42:05 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scott

?????
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:36:11 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
mine is great. you can add all the big pistol accesories on to it at a very reasonable price from walther. im training my girlfriend with it. its great it isnt loud & theres no recoil [her 2 bigest fears]. IMHO money well spent.

clarification edit- im training my girlfriend to shoot pistols with it.

LOL, good thing you clarified that, I was starting to wonder!
"I said a samich, dammit!" Bang!
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 9:37:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I dont care for the one I have, Im thinking of listing it for sale again.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 10:23:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scott

?????

The only P99s that were manufactured here in the USA were .40 cal (and the only parts made here were the bbl and slide), back when S&W started importing the P99. It was to keep the supply up to the demand. Now, all the P99s are manufactured in Germany and imported and roll marked by S&W.

www.praxagora.com/lunde/WaltherP99FAQ/IX/8.html
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 3:07:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I like my P22 all right, but then, I haven't shot it a lot.

Keep in mind that, although the slick advertising brochures (like the Walther one that S&W sends out) say that the slide is steel, in fact I believe it is zinc (it's certainly non-magnetic).

Having said that, I still like the gun.

It just pisses me off when companies are deceitful about their products...

Link Posted: 9/25/2004 6:33:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Mine was a little spotty for the first 300 or so rounds, after that it's ran fine.  As Shaggy said add a suppressor and it's a heck of a lot of fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top