Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/19/2004 4:33:09 PM EDT
Should i buy this gun for my first gun or an ak...i would rather have a m4 but i am joining the military in a year and will have a m-16...so what should i do?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 5:36:32 PM EDT
[#1]
IMO you cant go wrong with either. Both are fun to shoot. The ak is on the cheaper side of the house costing between 350-500 for a good gun and the mags usually dont run above $10 a piece.

One thing you need to think about is if you are going to join while single there will be some very extreme restrictions on where you can keep your firearms. Most places require you to keep them locked up in the MP's arm room and you have to register the weapon on base.

Being married is alot easier in that you can store the weapons at your home but you still have to register them with the MP's.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:12:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Neither, buy a full length A2 and drop it on the concrete a couple times.

That's what you wil be training with.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:24:04 PM EDT
[#3]

When you are in the service, sometimes magazines, bayonets, and 5.56mm ammo ACCIDENTALLY remains in your ammo pouches when you leave the range, and wind up in your home.

If you catch my drift.  I would go with the M4.  You will be so familiar with that particular system, that it will be very comfortable to shoot and maintain.  As great a weapon as the M14 is, I will probably be selling mine soon to finance another M4.  It's what I know, and it's what I am best with.

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 10:23:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Agcsy could he leave his AR/AK at home with his parents?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top