Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/18/2004 1:15:11 AM EDT
Reportedly 200 will be brought to the US, 7 parts installed and distributed by Wild West Guns. no further imformation at this time.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:29:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't a FN P90 that weird looking sub gun that shoots that really small bullet?  
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 2:30:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats it. Think .22 magnum plus some cash. I dont want one, but some have expressed interest.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:32:15 AM EDT
[#3]
FAC has been advertising the FA version for about 4 months now; listed price is less than 1,400.00

To LEO and military only
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:13:17 PM EDT
[#4]
I really like it...its tiny!

plus 50 rounds of pointy little bullets....its my kinda poodle shooter!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:21:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:28:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
www.fnhusa.com/contents/guns_1100px/fn_tw_p90_r.jpg

I wouldn't know weather to shoot it or hang it on the wall as modern art.

Mini-Quin says shoot it!

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#7]
its considered a SBR, right?
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:43:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Don't they have a 9mm version? It's a cool rifle but there's a lot more things you can get for that kind of money.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:15:29 PM EDT
[#9]
If they stay under $1,400 I am going to buy one.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:25:11 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll also be in line to buy one, if you thought AUGs were overpriced due to the ban just imagine what the P90 will be worth.  And of course I'd shoot the hell out of it.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:04:32 AM EDT
[#11]
I would buy a 9mm version only if it came with an abundance of full cap mags and would be legal as a normal rifle.  I do believe it is a 16 inch barrell but I don't know about the over all length if it is within the magic number.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:30:58 AM EDT
[#12]
combat jack,  where did you here this?  
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 11:41:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, I hope this isn't a pipe dream...

I've been wanting one for aloooong time. BTW, Quin, that must be a LEO demo, right..?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 12:46:15 PM EDT
[#14]
A simalar thing was posted in regards to the AUG that was just a joke,  it turns out the DSA will eventually will put it out but no timeline given yet
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 4:03:05 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Reportedly 200 will be brought to the US, 7 parts installed and distributed by Wild West Guns. no further imformation at this time.

If this is true i would pre-pay today.
anyone confirm this?
Where did the info come from?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#16]
I read it on TheHighRoad.com. on second thought, it was WWGuns, I assumed from the location that it was Wild West Guns, but I am not so sure anymore. Anyway, that is immaterial at this point.

Here is the original thread
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:17:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I read it on TheHighRoad.com. on second thought, it was WWGuns, I assumed from the location that it was Wild West Guns, but I am not so sure anymore. Anyway, that is immaterial at this point.

Here is the original thread

Thanks

$2000 is a lot but if that is the asking price I guess I will have to bite (If thats the average price too)

I know the LEO model goes for $1200 from various outlets.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:18:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Hows the magazine release..?
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:21:38 PM EDT
[#19]
I know a couple of guys that have shot them and they loved them
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 5:12:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Just the thing for leprechaun on leprechaun cqb. Round sounds like it's too small for deer in most states though.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:08:24 AM EDT
[#21]
Deer are alot tougher than a human.  What's the saying?  Shoot a deer in the leg at 100 yards and it will run for 300 more before it dies.  Shoot a man in the leg at 100 yards and he will lay there screaming till he dies.
I just bought the FiveseveN pistol, the companion to the P90.  Those little leprechaun bullets will go through most body aromr that 9mm's won't penetrate.  And that's with the hollow point SS192's.

Yes! I will freaking take one!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#22]
As far as ugly,  ya maybe.   But still, it's like riding a scooter or screwing ugly chicks.  You like it, but you just don't want your friends to know!
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 9:16:59 AM EDT
[#23]
I was at FN Herstal last week and I asked my colleagues specifically about rumors of a US civilian-legal variant of the P90... They had talked about it, but nothing was actually being worked on. To that point, I'm not sure where the referenced 200 guns would come from, because it wouldn't be from the FN factory here or in Belgium.

In regard to some of the other questions here, no there is no 9mm version and the barrel is under the legal 16" minimum (indeed, so is the entire weapon). Which means that to meet the length minimum the barrel would have to be lenghtened, in addition to the fire control group (bolt, trigger pack, etc) being redesigned. Not an impossible feat by any means, but one also not being done at FN at the moment. The good news is that the 50-round magazines are now legal, and you could most likely get a tax stamp to have the short (standard length) barrel, assuming there will ever be a civilian version.

More information as I get it, and please email if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Clint Lynch
Senior Product Designer
FN Manufacturing, Inc.
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I was at FN Herstal last week and I asked my colleagues specifically about rumors of a US civilian-legal variant of the P90... They had talked about it, but nothing was actually being worked on. To that point, I'm not sure where the referenced 200 guns would come from, because it wouldn't be from the FN factory here or in Belgium.

In regard to some of the other questions here, no there is no 9mm version and the barrel is under the legal 16" minimum (indeed, so is the entire weapon). Which means that to meet the length minimum the barrel would have to be lenghtened, in addition to the fire control group (bolt, trigger pack, etc) being redesigned. Not an impossible feat by any means, but one also not being done at FN at the moment. The good news is that the 50-round magazines are now legal, and you could most likely get a tax stamp to have the short (standard length) barrel, assuming there will ever be a civilian version.

More information as I get it, and please email if you have any questions.

Best Regards,

Clint Lynch
Senior Product Designer
FN Manufacturing, Inc.
[email protected]

Please keep us advised of the progress.
Thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Hey, if theyre good enough for MacGyver, theyre good enough for me!

I read the article about them in an issue of SGN a few weeks ago, the author hinted that maybe  there would be a semi version available soon.  Myabe thats where all the hub-bub is coming from.

But just in case your giving it any thought at all, IF a semi version is made, SBR or not, I would buy one.

How much length would have to be added to reach legal length?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#26]
I would definitely buy a civilian legal version even if an SBR, I'd fork over the $200 for that.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Couldn't you just make one with a fake suppressor to get it up to the 16" lenght
I would want to SBR it too but I would like to fill out the paper work and do it on my end (A lot cheaper than going through the local class 3 dealer)
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:19:19 PM EDT
[#28]
If a tally of how many would buy this firearm here would be any indication of selling a civilian SBR, please add me to the list.

Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:45:41 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

I read the article about them in an issue of SGN a few weeks ago, the author hinted that maybe  there would be a semi version available soon.  Myabe thats where all the hub-bub is coming from.

But just in case your giving it any thought at all, IF a semi version is made, SBR or not, I would buy one.

After looking up the specs (and converting from mm, argh) it looks like a P90 semi with at least 6'' (6.5'' to be safe) added barrel will meet required overall length and 16'' barrel length

# Caliber: 5.7x28mm SS190
# Weight: 2.54 kg empty; 3 kg loaded with magazine with 50 rounds
# Length: 500 mm = 19.685''
# Barrel length: 263 mm = more than 10''
# Rate of fire: 900 rounds per minute
# Magazine capacity: 50 rounds
# Effective range: 200 meters

Which means it, if im not mistaken, would have an added civvie barrel that is less idiot-looking than the added length on Spechul Wepuns MP5s.

I think this thing has potential... if they keep the price under $1500 and made ammo more readilly available, i think it could be a keeper.

- BUCC_Guy

Correct me if I'm wrong?

EDIT:  I'll be damned, I done posted something useful?
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 8:51:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Wonder if it could be classified as a pistol ala the Bushmaster Armpistol

edit: n/m it has a forward pistol grip
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:21:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Any Other Weapon?

What if they smoothed off the front... so it didnt look like it had a froward grip
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 11:33:36 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Wonder if it could be classified as a pistol ala the Bushmaster Armpistol

edit: n/m it has a forward pistol grip

I know somebody that has the third variant of the Bushmaster Armpistol.  I think that he is looking to sell it.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:13:06 AM EDT
[#33]
I'd buy one if it had enough US made parts to be able to be sold in NYS.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 1:15:52 AM EDT
[#34]
interesting but that is one fugly gun
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:46:05 AM EDT
[#35]
I guess I am just wondering why I can get a tax stamp and get a full auto AR15 or an M16 with a 10.5 inch barrel for use with the 5.56 855 penetrator round but not a P90? It doens't make much sense.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 11:59:10 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
I guess I am just wondering why I can get a tax stamp and get a full auto AR15 or an M16 with a 10.5 inch barrel for use with the 5.56 855 penetrator round but not a P90? It doens't make much sense.

Because the AR15 (full auto) or M16 you purchase would have been made before 1986 and the P90 wasn't around then.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:56:39 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

After looking up the specs (and converting from mm, argh) it looks like a P90 semi with at least 6'' (6.5'' to be safe) added barrel will meet required overall length and 16'' barrel length

# Caliber: 5.7x28mm SS190
# Weight: 2.54 kg empty; 3 kg loaded with magazine with 50 rounds
# Length: 500 mm = 19.685''
# Barrel length: 263 mm = more than 10''
# Rate of fire: 900 rounds per minute
# Magazine capacity: 50 rounds
# Effective range: 200 meters

Which means it, if im not mistaken, would have an added civvie barrel that is less idiot-looking than the added length on Spechul Wepuns MP5s.

I think this thing has potential... if they keep the price under $1500 and made ammo more readilly available, i think it could be a keeper.

- BUCC_Guy

Correct me if I'm wrong?

EDIT:  I'll be damned, I done posted something useful?

Dosnt sound too bad.  So it might look a little like the xm177 AR's?  I can live with that.  Plus the FH would not have to be fake in no-ban states right?.........  Like I said, COUNT ME IN!
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 8:57:13 AM EDT
[#38]
Cruel Arfcomer BASTARDS.

Now I have to have a civvie P90.  Not that it exists, of course.  Must be they are having a tough time at FN machining the 16" barrel from pure Unobtanium.

Ignorance IS bliss.
Cheesebeast
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 9:45:17 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Add if you look it  up, I'm pretty damn sure that's how long the standard P90 silencer is, so it should look pretty good with a fake can.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:15:25 PM EDT
[#40]
tagged.

I love this puppies. If they ever come out i'll pay anything for one.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Hell, it should be easy and cheap to make semi auto, it uses a polymer trigger pack just like a AUG. Cheap to make injection molded parts when you can already re-use some of the parts.

S.O.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:26:16 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because the AR15 (full auto) or M16 you purchase would have been made before 1986 and the P90 wasn't around then.

Okay, that may b true but I can still buy a brand new M16 or AR15 kit  where I just have to put the receiver together.  If I did this, what would really be the difference? Could they sell a version that would have "some assembly required" to get around this?

I guess I just realy don't see why there is a problem getting them in the States. They would be subjected to the same rules na laws as other firearms of this classification.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 12:48:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Okay, that may b true but I can still buy a brand new M16 or AR15 kit  where I just have to put the receiver together.  If I did this, what would really be the difference? Could they sell a version that would have "some assembly required" to get around this?

I guess I just realy don't see why there is a problem getting them in the States. They would be subjected to the same rules na laws as other firearms of this classification.

Legally you can not build a full auto weapon unless the receiver was MFG and registered before 1986.

Any Full auto weapon built - pieced together - assembled - (I might be wrong on this one but....) even possesion of certain full auto parts is illegal, unless you are a LEO/Military and the agency "loans" the weapon to you for use in your duties OR you build on a receiver registered to you.

Now the kits you refer to that you can build legally are SEMI Only.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:14:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Man, I really need one of these.  I've got a problem with Goa'uld in my neighborhood, and this should do the trick!
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 3:51:31 PM EDT
[#45]
glock281,

That is not what this company tells me.
http://www.model1sales.com/

They told me that all I need is the tax stamp to get the full auto version, or the short barrel or other restricted items. I looked for that email reply but it seems to have been either lost or misplaced. Sorry.

After thinking further, the receivers my be from the pre '86 or whatever year you mentioned. I din't know enough to ask about that.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:12:31 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
glock281,

That is not what this company tells me.
http://www.model1sales.com/

They told me that all I need is the tax stamp to get the full auto version, or the short barrel or other restricted items. I looked for that email reply but it seems to have been either lost or misplaced. Sorry.

After thinking further, the receivers my be from the pre '86 or whatever year you mentioned. I din't know enough to ask about that.

Just remember Pre 86 (registered/NFA) are ok for Full auto
A SBR or SBS or AOW  or Suppressor can still be legaly purchased as long as you fill out the paperwork and are approved there isn't a cut off date for these items, just the full auto stuff.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:18:58 AM EDT
[#47]
I wonder what the 16" barrel ones will look like.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:20:09 PM EDT
[#48]
Tagged Waiting & wanting. . . .
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:30:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Civilian version, semi- auto

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 5:42:12 PM EDT
[#50]
I want one in 22lr or 22mag.
I think you could get about 150 to 200rds in there.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top