Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2004 10:18:32 AM EDT
I'm thinking of getting one for my Sig P229 9mm.

Has anyone had any experience with these?

www.gunbroker.com/auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=22426927
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard good and bad reviews...the laser blinks on and off in rapid succession "in order to easier find your laser on the target"....I think that would be down right annoying...also I dont feel comfortable replacing such an important part such as the guide rod with any other part other than OEM.

just my .02
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you....
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 3:11:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I've put about 1K of rounds through my Glock with one and I've had no problems whatsoever.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 9:02:49 AM EDT
[#4]
i've had one on a glock mod. 22 for, i don't know, 5 years, no problems.  did finally have to replace the battery cap.  accurate.   mcole
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 6:35:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Benefits:  
In-line with bore so accuracy stays well even at varying distances.
Fits whatever holster you use now.
Easy to activate
Easy to install

Neutral:
Some people don't like to replace the guide rod.  But I figure if companies can make the guide rod out of polymer materials, what harm can I do.

Drawbacks:
Glass always there to get scratched or cracked.  You can't remove it without putting in another guide rod.

I had one in my P226 for several years and had 0 problems.  I liked it.  I only sold it to help fund a 1911 purchase.

Woody
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top