Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2004 7:07:10 AM EDT
Does anybody know how the comp is mounted on a century cetme rifle barrel?  Come Sept I would like to install a flash hider, which of course is threaded, but looking at the comp I can't tell whether it is threaded on and soldered or pinned or just pressed on etc.  Anybody ever have on apart before?  And what is the best way to take it off?  

THX
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:36:59 AM EDT
[#1]
If it's anything like their G3 copies...

The unit is threaded, welded (silver solder), and pinned at 6 o'clock.

-FMD
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll scrape away at 6 o'clock then to see if I can find a pin edge.  Is there a good way to get through the silver solder?
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 11:54:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Mine just turned off with my hand after using a dremel on the 6'oclock.  very easy.  No soder.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 6:35:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a CETME break/ noisemaker and would like to replace it soon.  I am not a gunsmith, so if it is dead pinned it has been drilled and pinned without cutting into the lands and grooves.  Soooo what is the "six o'clock position?  Is this across the bottom?  If the pin is not welded and it is not soldered in place I can drive it out and spin it off?  

Not to highjack this, but I would really like to do this so thanks for info.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine was screwed on and blind pinned on at 6.  It was kinda loose so one good crank on it broke it loose. I replaced it with one from Tapco that came with a bunch of mags.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 2:48:41 PM EDT
[#6]
My first Cetme was pinned but not soldered, and the current one is soldered but no pin.

Great consistancy.

BTW, If someone botches the muzzle removing the brake, I have a 15x1 die, and a local machine shop is making a pilot tool to keep the die straight. When the ban does go away, I will gladly loan/rent/sell to anyone who needs it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Mine was pinned & welded over @06:00, Drill press & dremmel made quick work of it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 3:27:24 PM EDT
[#8]
Who it making a flash hider for a Cetme?
Link Posted: 8/30/2004 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I ordered mine from Tapco.

I wonder if those idiots at Century had the sense to save all of the one's that were removed ?

Naaaaa...
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 7:11:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks, I'll grind away at 6:00 and let you know what I find.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 5:06:13 AM EDT
[#11]
The guys on the www.cetmerifles.com forum are very knowledgeable. if you have not check this site out you should.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 6:20:09 PM EDT
[#12]
So, um, where can we get a G3 type flashhider from?  And doesn't it have to be made in the USA in order to not screw up our parts count?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top