Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2004 4:37:45 PM EDT
We need to talk about recent gun show trips, the attitude and prices and how they are responding to the impeding sunset.

Went to our local show Sunday afternoon (allways good to go when its almost over) I was primarily looking for USGI 30rndrs. I'm not nearly to the level I want.  Some of the folks still had a $20-25 price tag.  My approach was to wander around and oggle, fondle a couple of mags.  Dealer would allways comment on how good of a price it is (no matter what the price, like you can't freaking comparison shop at a gunshow) I would comment on how it was going to change next month, dealer would typically cringe.  I finally ended up getting a guy that had some used USGIs, mixed lables and condition, down from $16 to $13.  I wanted ten but could only afford eight at that price.  I got eight, my pick, and eight green followers.  Just finished changing them out.

I was also pricing AKs, a hole in my collection. They had WASR10s at $180 and NIB SAR 1s for $300.  Some decent deals but I've got a line on a better one so I held out.  There were also a good collection of of HK/CEMTE type 308 parts guns in various states of quality running from $350-800. Pistols, something I am also shoping for (either a CZ or 1911 type) where all over priced.

Preban ARs where well below prices from six months ago.  They had a original Colt Government Carbine for $1100.

Just figured I'd share
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 4:56:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Just went to a gun show here a couple of weeks ago. Used AR15 30-round mags still go for 12 bucks. I saw an Eotech Model 551 for $200, but it didn't have batteries so I couldn't tell if it worked or not. Garands are still over priced; clunkers with Century cast receivers are going for $600 and up. If it has a G.I. receiver than it starts at $800. And there were more than a few "collector" Garands of all makes going for $900 and up.

Yugo SKS goes for $199. Romanian SAR-1 goes for $350 and up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#2]
My observations parallel's panzersargent's.

Mags are coming down but the price of guns is still hyper-inflated.
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:28:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Im with Panzersargent too, my expierance has been like that or worse.

I havent been to a show in a year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top