Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2004 1:34:24 AM EDT
I HAVE A M1 CARBINE AND IT WILL NOT HOLD A LOADED  MAGAZINE 5 ROUND OR 30 ROUND. DO I [POSSIBLY NEED A NEW MAGAZINE CATCH OR WHAT EVER THE PROPER TERM WOULD BE. NEED TO SOLVE THIS PROBLEM
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 3:20:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 12:15:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I could be possible that you have the old M-1 style catch, and your 5 rounder was made from a 30 rounder.. Did you ever try any 15 round mags???
Link Posted: 5/7/2004 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an M1 carbine problem too.  The problem is that I don't have one.
Link Posted: 5/8/2004 7:33:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I have an M1 carbine problem too.  The problem is that I don't have one.

I don't believe it

as far as the problem would go, replace the mag catch and don't use the 30 round magazines.
I have a Inland M1 Carbine 11/43 dated and it seems to have the same problems when running 30 rounders, It has no problems at all with runnng 15 round magazines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top