Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/3/2004 8:56:05 PM EDT
The stock comes off completely, and appears it can be fired without it.

Why's that legal and say, a Vector Uzi with a quick detach stock, isn't?

www.olyarms.com/oa93pt.html
Link Posted: 5/3/2004 10:51:50 PM EDT
[#1]
My understanding is that the law asks that a weapon be at least the minimum length of 26 1/2 inches. The ban never mentions a removable stock, only folding or telescoping.
The pistol you mentioned is illegal with a stock simply because it is technically considered a pistol. Also, the Uzi is specifically mentioned in the AWB of 1994.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 8:40:59 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

The pistol you mentioned is illegal with a stock simply because it is technically considered a pistol. Also, the Uzi is specifically mentioned in the AWB of 1994.

A vector Uzi isn't a pistol, it's a rifle, with as many evil features as the OA-93.

Figure it's that minimum length thing you were talking about. The Uzi is well below that with the stock off.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 5:54:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:27:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yeah it's the minim overall length, heck you can buy shotguns with pistol grips.

I bet Oly sells exactly 0 of these.

Are you serious?  Zero?
I bet they do sell some.
The only negative is the high price for a curiousity.
But it is cool looking.
Like an MP40, with that front grip looking like the MP40 magazine, sorta.
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 7:31:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:01:56 PM EDT
[#6]
So, it some how their fault the government screwed us.
They came out with a requested and most likely profitable product.
It is the tyrannical .gov we should voice our anger towards.
I'm not a fan of Olympic by any means, simply have not been able to trust them to function more than 75% of the time.
I understand how the law against the armor piercing ammo for pistols law also sucks. I shoot steel gongs and sparks are nice.
Whose fault is the ammo law, I'm guessing it is not a weapon manufacturer.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 12:42:52 AM EDT
[#7]
I kinda like that gun.
Link Posted: 5/5/2004 2:03:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top