Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2003 11:43:04 AM EDT
This is my Marlin .22 given to me by my Dad about 20 years ago....I spent many an evening killing tin cans and other critters. Has to have close to 50,000 rounds down the bore...This is the rifle that started my affliction.
I wasn't always nice to her over the years so as a sort of Winter project I thought id refinish her....Had the metal reblued locally,Refinish the stock myself(My first such attempt) and replace/repair numerous small parts....Now she's ready for another 20 years and possibly my own son(yet to be conceived) some day..............UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow.  I love the finish on that wood.  The gun looks great-nice job.

Kevin
Link Posted: 12/31/2003 1:55:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice job!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 6:22:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Damn. That looks good.

Link Posted: 1/1/2004 7:01:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I wish my old Marlin (which I still have too) had that much character in the wood.  That is a beautiful stock.  You done good!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 10:09:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks a lot underdog. Just what I needed to get. the bright idea of 'doing' my old and first .22.

Add another project to my hobby list of things I want to do!!

Good job and she is purty like that!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 11:39:31 AM EDT
[#6]
By God! That is a pretty rifle. Congrats on the excellent outcome. Outstanding!
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Guys,...Yeah the stock kinda impressed me as well... Think its Tigered or "fiddleback"(for us countryboys) Birch...
As long as im shareing my "gunsmithing" projects:Heres #2...A Winchester 37A a guy down the street gave me....It was locked up tighter than a drum,I got the action working fine but it needs a "plate" and "pin" for the break open action.I plan on Cutting the barrel down to around 22" and add A set of WinChokes,..Finish the whole thing in Woodland Camo Duracoat,..Kinda make it my Turkey gun except i dont turkey hunt:)
Link Posted: 1/1/2004 3:08:02 PM EDT
[#8]
That .22 looks like crap, I'll give you $50 to take it off your hands.  

Seriously now, that's fantastic.  You did very very well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 4:42:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Gee that marlin looks great. Good Job! BobK
Link Posted: 1/2/2004 5:27:10 AM EDT
[#10]
Sweet looking rifle Underdog
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top