Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/29/2003 7:27:11 PM EDT
I tried searching for anything on a Springfield 1903, but did not find anything. Basically I was presented with a deal of a 1903 Springfield, near mint condition, was used in WWI and WWII for 495.00. I was wondering if anyone had an idea if that is a nice deal?
Thanks
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:12:47 PM EDT
[#1]
We need to know more about the rifle.
Is it Springfield Armory? w/ finger-groove stock?
Rock Island? w/ finger-groove stock?
Remington? (WW2)
Does the barrel date match the serial number build date?
Has it been refinished? (Most in "mint" condition are refinished)

Hang out at http://www.jouster.com/cgi-bin/guntalk/config.pl?
or at
pub113.ezboard.com/bparallaxscurioandrelicfirearmsforums
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 9:47:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the response,
I am not entierly sure about any of those things, but now that gives me some questions to ask about it.

Thanks Again
Link Posted: 12/30/2003 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
There's a big difference in quality & price between 1903s & '03-A3s, be sure to know which you're looking at.

They're going for around $400-450 at gunshows, so no, you're not getting a steal, you're paying (if you indeed do) market price, IMO.

I'd try to have someone who knows what they're doing to look it over real good.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top