Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2003 3:20:06 PM EDT
Which would you get, if you had the money?
A .30 Cal 1919 semi-auto or the semi-auto BAR that Ohio Ordnance sell for $500 more.

I am leaning more torwards the MG, but my friend thinks the BAR would be more usable and easier to take places.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#1]
If it is semi-auto, why waste the money on a 1919?  

In this case I would go with the BAR. Full auto, it would be the 1919, water cooled.
Link Posted: 12/13/2003 6:43:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Me personaly, I love anything Mr. Browning help desiegn. I would go with a M1918 BAR just because I own a Mk I "Hunting" Bar and would like to have the real thing.

On the other hand.  I love weapons that shoot from belts.  I think that 1919 belts are cheaper then a 1918 mag, but I'm not sure.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:19:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Although I`m the type that has to have everything, I`d get the semi BAR first. Someone got pics?
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 1:21:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Almost forgot pics of semi BARs please. Not that I mind looking a the real deal!
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 6:39:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Me/My father owns an OOW BAR. Other than it being tuned for commerical .30-06 (light strikes occasionally on mil surplus), it's awesome. A little on the chunky side, but once OOW re-tunes the trigger pack for military surplus .30-06, I'd carry the thing anywhere. Reliable doesn't do this rifle enough justice.

My father's currently looking at 1919's as well right now...after all, no collection is complete without at least one belt-fed

Edited to add: Having said all that...I REALLY REALLY want one of those TNW Firearm's semi-auto M2HB's Get one of those
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:08:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I would go with the BAR, to me it looks real cool, I remember watching the old old TV show Combat with Rick Jason and Vic Morrow, and the character Little John with the BAR. I was dissuaded by $3,000 for a gun, which would land me in the dog house with the other half. Ohio Ordinance the mfg'r of the SA BAR has a few pattents on the fire control mechanism.
Link Posted: 12/14/2003 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#7]
BAR.  Just cuz Ive always liked them ever since I shot one
Link Posted: 12/15/2003 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#8]
BAR !

I have a 1919 semi, there fun to shoot and cheaper than a semi bar to buy but not by much when U start buying all the extra crap you need to have fun with it ! Tripods, pedestal mounts,A6 kit, belt loaders , special tools etc etc ...

One of my friends bought a Ohio Ord semi bar at a pawn shop for $ 1800 ! and it's a blast to shoot and mags are cheap ... I just can't see paying 3k for one though personally..
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top