Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2003 6:12:30 AM EDT
One of my brothers wants a BAR in .270 and I know NOTHING about these rifles.

Is there such an animal as Field Grade II in BAR's ???  (Bro says he wants a BAR Field Grade II is why I'm asking.)  I know there are Field Grades in shotguns but can't find anything mentioning Field Grade II in BAR's.  I see there's one with a plastic stock, one with a wood stock (looks like the same rifle) and one with fancy engraving called Safari.

BTW, I do follow my posts and any help is appreciated.

Thanks !!

5sub
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:05:27 AM EDT
[#1]
BTW,
I'm asking about the BAR HUNTING rifle.  Not that other BAR.

5sub
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:20:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
For what very little this is worth, those BARs have seemed kind of heavy. I like them, but have not owned them and I know a few people that have dumped them for claims of lack of accuracy-but that's a "the farmer down the road from my buddy" type thing so what's that worth?

Browning's website seems to indicate their are Safari models with steel receivers and lightweights with aluminum receivers (aluminum with 308 that can't possibly work, lol ) Looks like the lightweight wood is the one I would go with.

www.browning.com/products/catalog/firearms/category.asp?value=002B

NO WAY WILL I BUY ANYTHING WITH AN ALUMINUM RECEIVER !!  (You could put your eye out with those things.)

The lightweight wood is, so far, my choice too.

5sub
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:26:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/8/2003 8:34:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
The new ones also have a goofy hinged floorplate so you can't slip and evil hi-cap mag in and go on a shooting spree with your .270 The floorplate slips down and you put the mag on the floorplate and then snap it back in. Even EdSr's Browning bolt action slug gun has one of these contraptions!

Well shit, I hit your Browning link and the dealer locator and there'a not a LW BAR, wood in .270 in Oklahoma City.
Guess I'll trudge over to GunsAmerica and look later tonight.

5sub
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top