Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2003 7:18:54 AM EDT
Well, just picked up my new Ruger MK 77 "All Weather" in .308 today (thanks ARmaster!).  Although, I have not had a chance to shoot the rifle (beside dry-firing with snap caps), I have become spoiled with my Savage's new Accu-trigger and this Ruger's factory trigger will not suffice.

I need some recommendations for good adjustable aftermarket triggers for the Ruger or help on tuning the trigger myself.

TIA
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 7:35:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I put a Timney trigger on my wife's MKII compact in .308   It's a nice trigger (about $80) and was fairly easy to install.  The hardest part is getting it to fit with the safety, you have to remove enough material so that the safety works but doesn't allow enough sear movement for the striker to fall.  

quoted from their web site:

The Timney RU77 MKII raises the standard of accuracy and helps you to achieve the marksmanship that you know you are capable of. The RU77 MKII provides trigger pull adjustment from 1½ – 4 pounds as well as over-travel adjustment. Trigger pull adjustment is easily made without removing the stock. The trigger and sear are made from 440C stainless steel, the best material for both hardness and corrosion resistance. All contact surfaces are hardened, precision ground, lapped and polished. Available in both right and left hand models. Will not fit the VT model. Not for the Ruger M77 (old style w/ tang safety).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top