Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/25/2003 9:41:32 AM EDT
I am currently looking at purchasing the dpms tuber ar15 and the dpms .22rifle.  Has anyone shot these before or heard if they are good.  The tuber just looks cool.  Is dpms a good brand for ar's
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#1]
DPMS makes decent rifles.  I've owned a couple and never had any problems with them.

Of course, their barrels are not chrome lined as I recall, so you'll have to go home.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#2]
i built my Franken-AR based off of the DPMS Lo-Pro upper. As the post said above, I would only get a chrome lined barrel for simplicity of maintance, etc. otherwise i havent had any problems with the parts i did get, they all fit and finish jus fine. IMO.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 11:14:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I have DPMS 24" Heavy Barrel varmint gun that shoots like a dream.
Link Posted: 10/26/2003 1:37:15 PM EDT
[#4]
You can get M4 type chrome lined DPMS barrels from CMMG, they are the only ones that have them, DPMS makes them especially for CMMG, both pre-ban and post-ban.

www.cmmginc.com/inventory_a/Barrels_tbl.html

Their rifles are great.  I haven't messed with their .22 and the tuber looks kind of fake to me, like its trying to be a suppressed gun but just for pretend, like a little kid playing with an airsoft or something.  But there's no accounting for taste.  Personally I like the DPMS lightweight carbine, less than 6 pounds with no cheap tricks like plastic uppers or lowers like on a Carbon15.  
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 10:17:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
... the tuber looks kind of fake to me, like its trying to be a suppressed gun but just for pretend, like a little kid playing with an airsoft or something.  But there's no accounting for taste.

Hey, at least there's absolutely no chance of burning your hand on a hot barrel.

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 11:18:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Absolutely true, and the extra weight on the front may help some shooters steady their aim.  Like I said, there's no accounting for taste, people have all sorts of reasons for wanting stuff.
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Hey, at least there's absolutely no chance of burning your hand on a hot barrel.

OTOH, it's aluminum which an excellent conductor of heat so all you're really doing is delaying the time it'll take for the heat to reach your hand.  The problem with most regular float tubes is the lack of ventilation, and making the tube longer reduces the air flow even more.  I replaced my DPMS vented tubes with FIRSH tubes from Oly not so much for the rails but for the larger vent holes.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 4:45:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I kinda like the look of the tuber myself...but then I'm not normal lol.  

As far as quality, the only DPMS I own is the .308...and it's a very nicely made rifle.  Based on that, I wouldn't be worried about getting one of their ARs.  
Link Posted: 10/31/2003 3:01:28 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I am currently looking at purchasing the dpms tuber ar15 and the dpms .22rifle.  Has anyone shot these before or heard if they are good.  The tuber just looks cool.  Is dpms a good brand for ar's

I own a DPMS CAR HBAR 16 and it it a GREAT rifle.  I can shoot a ten round pattern the size of a half dollar at fifty yards consistantly.
I would recommended one , highly!!!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 6:58:03 AM EDT
[#10]
I have built a few ars with dpms uppers,very accurate and reliable.However I had to replace the extractor spring on everyone of them after about a thousand rnds or so.No big deal,wolff springs are just a few bucks each and you will probably never wear one out.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top