Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2003 8:48:01 PM EDT
If you haven't seen it yet, this months' American Rifleman has a review of the CZ 527 carbine, which is chambered in either .223, or 7.62x39mm. This is a cool little rifle, I tell ya! Some of it's features are:

Overall length of less than 38 inches.
5lb, 12 oz. empty weight.
Feeds from a 5-rd detachable box magazine.
Comes with an adjustable "set" trigger.
Action almost identical to a mauser 98, only smaller.

One of these things with a good compact scope on it would be excellent for a kid's first step-up from a .22, or just to give an AR or AK a bolt-action partner.

The MSRP is $588, but it isn't like you couldn't get one cheaper.
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 7:45:31 AM EDT
[#1]
I saw that and am definately attracted to it. Trying to tell my dad to get one with his Czech heritage heh.

Would the .223 chamber be able to handle 5.56 ammo though?

I'd probably get it in the 7.62x39, cheap ammo from my SKS and 30-30ish ballistics.

Looked up the price of extra mags for it though, 33 bucks, ouch. Too bad there are no stripper clips for it?
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 7:13:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Make sure the bore diameters of your companion 7.62X39's are same.
Link Posted: 10/24/2003 6:36:10 AM EDT
[#3]
The shop I used to work at carried a large selection of CZ rifles. Very well made and indeed very much a "mini Mauser". They're the only company I saw that includes the test fire targets in the box. We had a varmint model .233 that was doing .28MOA (corrected for 100m) out of the box on the test target. Would have made a good sub calibre trainer for my 700P.

It was a CZ 527 IIRC.

[bored kode]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top