Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2003 4:10:42 AM EDT
Does anyone have experience with these? Are any aftermarket mags available that don't suck?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:48:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I've owned several over the years including the variant made for the Israeli Air Force.  I've always had factory mags to use but heard bitching about after-market mags and no one I spoke with knew of any good after-market mags to recommend.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I have an AR-7, it's great for what it was built for, down and dirty survival. The trigger sucks big time, but you can get used to it pretty easy, and its quite accurate. I bought mine for 110 with two factory mags. You can get hi-cap plastic ramlines I think they are, but I have seen only one place selling them before, and for like 60 bucks! NO WAY!
I have never had a problem with my mags, The local big-5 sporting goods store sells AR-7s so they also sell factory AR-7 mags. If you can find an AR-7 for around 120-130 I say get it, theyre worth it for a hoot!
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 11:05:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Wish my experience was as favorable, I've had one Armalite and three Charter arms, if they were accurate they wouldn't work, if they would work they weren't accurate. Great package though.

rk
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#4]
I had a Charter Arms AR7 from the 70's. It always worked and was accurate enough. A target rifle it isnt, but I never had to much trouble hitting what I was shooting at. The only trouble I had was the butt cap cracked in real cold weather while putting it back on.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 6:11:38 PM EDT
[#5]
AHA!! Mine too! I always wondered if the butt caps cracked easily, or if it was just mine. Duct tape on the inside and it's all good!(and waterproof) Sorta.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 11:19:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine has been great since I found the ammo it likes - mine's a Henry.

My buttcap cracked in cold weather as well (-20 degrees).  Looking for parts online, AR-7 Industries wanted $6.00 for the cap - and $25.00 for shipping!...  I emailed Henry and they sent me a new one free of charge and free shipping.  I started to like Henry a lot that day and will be purchasing from them again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top