Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2003 8:15:45 AM EDT
My Police Dept has a old MAC 10 .45acp suppressor. I have been tasked w/ finding out if this "Can" can be mounted on a Marlin Camp 9 , 9mm rifle. I understand the muzzle will need to be threaded/ modified to fit this suppressor , but will the sound level be reduced to a signifigant level. Is it safe? Thanks for all replys.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#1]
If it's an original MAC/Sionics .45 can, its value to a collector would be enough to pay for a new 9mm can.  To answer your question, no, it wouldn't work very well.  Those cans only suppressed .45 18dB or so, and it will be less efficient on a 9mm.  Totally not worth the trouble, IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 4:21:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the help , Question : What is the best , cost not a concern, suppressor on the market for 9mm?   How much retail?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:06:06 AM EDT
[#3]
9mm what?  A Camp Carbine?  If so, you'll probably want to look into an integral design built on your rifle.  Sound Technology does one of the quietest.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 2:06:00 PM EDT
[#4]
besides you would have a hard time keeping it from threading off while firing because of the long reach. and the fact that 45 is so much larger than the 9 it would allow ALOT of excess high pressure gas to blast out upon exit of the bullet.like quietshootr said it would be more effective and easier to get a 9mm suppressor and especially something with finer threads such as 28tpi or more.
Jeremy
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top