Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2003 2:37:18 PM EDT
Anybody own one of these? Are they worth having? How far out are they accurate? Do they jam a lot?

Thanks,

Dawg
Link Posted: 9/24/2003 10:37:44 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Anybody own one of these?
Most people refuse to own these.

Are they worth having?
Yeah, if you're a dumbassed gangbanger.

How far out are they accurate?
How far can you throw one?

Do they jam a lot?
Does a bear shit in the woods?

Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:48:50 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anybody own one of these?
Most people refuse to own these.

Are they worth having?
Yeah, if you're a dumbassed gangbanger.

How far out are they accurate?
How far can you throw one?

Do they jam a lot?
Does a bear shit in the woods?

Heh heh heh ...

Yeah, that's what I figured.

Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/24/2003 11:54:43 PM EDT
[#3]
was it teh AB-10 or the Tec-9 that fired from open bolt?

nevermind...  don't know why that would matter.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 7:14:13 AM EDT
[#4]
I think the AB-10 and tec-9 are the same gun, made by different companies before and after the ban. They do fire from a closed bolt, but I don't know about in full auto, might as well go with a Mac.
Quality with the AB-10's is generally hit or miss, usually miss. The one I've fired was fun to shoot, but accuracy past 10 feet was iffy, and you need pretty hard kicking ammo to properly cycle the bolt, and then you chance stove-piping. I would NOT recomend buying one unless you are bored and have $$$ falling out your A$$.
Link Posted: 9/25/2003 10:22:42 AM EDT
[#5]
The predessor to the TEC 9 was the KG9 which was an imported full auto sub gun and then was turned into an open bolt semi as the KG99 if I recall correctly. The early guns were imported and then the design patents were moved to the US.

When open bolt guns were banned, the TEC 9 came out. The TEC 9 became the DC 9, after one of the early bans and/or the company got sued. It became the AB10 after the AW ban, AB meaning after ban, 10 in reference to the 10 round mag.

The TEC/DC9/AB10 were all made by the same company under one or more names. They've been sued a number of times in that these guns have been used in a number of mass murders.

I had a preban TEC 9 which was a jam-o-matic. I sold it during the height of the post ban hyteria for a very good profit even though I was completely honest about it jamming.  I then bought a AB10 through an FFL buddy from a distributor who had them on clearance for $100. That turned out to be about $98 more than they are worth.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top