Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2003 1:10:09 PM EDT
I was thinkng. If I got say a 9mm conversion for my AR or like a KelTec 2000 where could I buy ammo for it without relying on someone to buy it for me if I'm not 21 yet? Stoped in at a few stores that sold ammo, asked them and they said I couldn't. WTF? I can buy the gun but not the ammo.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:23:17 PM EDT
[#1]
If you are in NY, you need a pistol permit to buy pistol caliber ammo, regardless of the intended application. And you need to be 21 to get a permit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 1:26:06 PM EDT
[#2]
False!  I live in NY and am under 21, but all i need to do when i go to Wally World to pick up some 9mm is tell them i'm getting the ammo for a long gun, not a handgun (which i am, hi point 9mm carbine).  It shouldn't be a problem elsewhere, PRK excluded ;)
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 3:21:24 PM EDT
[#3]
That's right, if it's 9mm, 45acp, etc.. typical carbine caliber you can buy it in NY without the permit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 4:07:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Really, I kinda thought New York was kind of like Kalifornia with guns anyway. I was actualy under the impresion that you couldn't even own handguns in New York, long story short I was talkng to a army guy/recruter that used to be stationed at Drum anyway thats where I got that from.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top