Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2003 1:14:53 PM EDT
I read another thread in the full auto section about suppressors & someone wrote that they didn't realize how many ricochets there were until he started shooting suppressed. Another guy said the same thing about using tracers. Anyone else have this problem at their ranges? I shoot alot of 223/5.56 into electronic/metal junk so I know there have to be some ricochets, thankfully there's nothing for a long ways on either side or back. How far do they continue to travel? I'm guessing it's only pieces of the bullet also...
Link Posted: 9/17/2003 5:43:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Last weekend at my range a few cops training got dinged by ricocheting rocks. Theres a training range below, and between the 100 yd. and 200 yd. burms, and there were about 5 rifles on the line. I wondered why they didn't just close the public range, but they said the theory was that people shooting at the 200 would fire all their bullets overhead the cops, and at the 100, the burm is like 20 feet wide and 15 feet tall. I think the cops were just makin' shit up though...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top