Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2003 7:06:01 AM EDT
i couldnt sleep last night so i put together a M 98 sporter in my head.
vz24 action
22" blue fluted barrel in either 308 or 30-06 i cant decide.
elk ridge dual grip thumbhole stock in tigerwood laminate.
timney sportsman trigger

and what ever other gadgets i decide i need.

i want this to be my target/varmit/hunting gun, so thats why i decided on the 22", decent length, but still toteable.

i cant seem to find the barrel though, anybody have any ideas?

BTW i know nothing about mausers so tell me if im dreaming...
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 8:59:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a plan to me.  I've been dreaming one up lately too but based on an M48 from a cost perspective.  I'd do a sporter stock for a small ring but open it up to accomodate the large ring of the 48, screw in a 308 barrel and install a globe front sight with a Williams or similar rear peep.  Fun to dream isn't it?

edit:  WoooHooo post #223!  Maybe in another two years I'll hit #556.
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 9:45:14 AM EDT
[#2]
i found er shaw's website,  they make custom barrels to your specs but the one i want would be about $205.  which i guess isnt THAT bad but when i dreamt it up the price tag was much smaller.  i guess itd be about $6-700 by the time i was finished w/ it.  FAC has some stocks and barrels and the action too.  if i compromise, i could cut the price in half.

my other thought was get the basic remington 700 i saw at wally world for 388 and go from there....

Link Posted: 9/5/2003 3:34:40 PM EDT
[#3]
....check out....numrich gun parts....believe it`s  gun parts corp.com......also midway usa ......good luck..........p-s...natchezz shooters supply......there is a website ....shooters links .com....that will find many of the sites
Link Posted: 9/5/2003 6:08:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Step One

get the AGI mauser sporter 3 tape set.

All questions will be answered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top