Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2003 11:03:01 AM EDT
I need to install this brake on my shotgun, in order to do this, I have to remove the sight bead, HOW DO I DO THAT???? Or do I just grind the thing down???
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 11:22:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Try holding the tip of a soldering iron on it for around 30 seconds, then twist it out with a pair of pliers.

Balming
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 11:23:27 AM EDT
[#2]
I am running down to my basement to do that. LOL
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 11:50:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Depending on when it was made, it will have either a pressed in or screwed in bead.  The above method works well to loosen the locking compound.  I have a set of tools for this purpose, but have used the above method also.

Balming
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 12:17:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Well. after about 20 minutes of working with this thing all I can say is:

YOU OWE ME A NEW SHOTGUN!!!!

Only kidding, the bead broke off, but what that heck, that is what I want it to do, I don't know how much difference this brake is going to do, but it sure makes my shotgun look soooo pretty.

Thanks for your advise, mission accomplished.
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Where is that thing from and what kind of shotgun is it on? Thing looks like it was made for taking peoples eyes out, nasty.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I have no idea who makes it, I got it in an auction and yes, it looks nasty. I love it, tomorrow I am taking her to the range to see what happens.
It's on a Winchester 1300 Defender 12 ga
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks EXACTLY like the tip of the needle on a hypodermic syringe.  Only much larger, for hot lead injections!

CJ
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 9:25:20 AM EDT
[#8]
dupe post. someone please lock this...for the love of god man!!!!
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 4:31:31 PM EDT
[#9]
How can you tell the top from the bottom? If you turn it sideways will it go the other way?

rk
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I have no idea who makes it, I got it in an auction and yes, it looks nasty. I love it, tomorrow I am taking her to the range to see what happens.

Tomorrow has been a couple of days ago now, do you suppose something "negative" happened?
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 1:52:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tomorrow has been a couple of days ago now, do you suppose something "negative" happened?

Patiently awaiting results.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#12]
I forgot all about it, sorry. Well the shotgun works great the recoil I think is the same or less (not noticeable difference) but it doesn't jump up as much as it used to.
I think this is more for looks than anything else. At the range a lot of people were asking what it was, I just told them it was a lead hypodermic syringe.
Link Posted: 9/4/2003 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Its a bayonet, as stated in your OTHER post.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top