Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2003 5:16:57 PM EDT
I know that the right answer is "Whatever you're willing to pay for it", but I would like some input as to what a fair SELLING price is.

According to the Ruger website, it was made in 1975 (serial # prefix is 180). I've got one or two of the 20 rounders, 2 40 round mags, and a couple of the Eagle smoky-colored clear plastic mags they hold either 30 or 35 each (its been a while since I've fired the rifle, so I dont really remember), and attach to each other. Its a package deal, and I'm gonna try and sell the whole shebang at the Coon Dog Trials tomorrow (only damn day I get to go!).

So what is a fair price for this? I aint lookin to rip anyone off, but at the same time I dont want to get robbed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 8:14:26 AM EDT
[#1]
No one has any idea? Or should I have posted this in a different spot, rather than the Armory?
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 8:19:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/30/2003 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/31/2003 5:41:28 AM EDT
[#4]
The handguard thats on it right now is metal, I've also got a plastic one for it.

The bolt has a roller.

The only mags that I know who made them are the Eagle ones.

Anyway, the Coon Dog trials are over now and I've still got it, but I might be selling it to a buddy of mine after we take it shooting here in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 10:16:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 1:07:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Basically just re-hashing what Aimless said:

If it wasn't configured as an assault weapon with "evil features" (folding stock, bayonet lug, etc.) before 9/13/94, then they CANNOT be installed now regardless of the rifle's date of manufacture. In other words, it's a post-ban by the government's standards.
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 6:41:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Basically just re-hashing what Aimless said:

If it wasn't configured as an assault weapon with "evil features" (folding stock, bayonet lug, etc.) before 9/13/94, then they CANNOT be installed now regardless of the rifle's date of manufacture. In other words, it's a post-ban by the government's standards.

Woah woah, wait a minute. What does the accessories on it have to do with its production (and thus post or pre) ban status? Its hard enough to believe the ATF is going to be able to  devine the slew of unmarked parts in an AKM as being US or foreign made, but you're telling me that they now can actually tell what accessories my gun had on it as of the date of the ban? So if I had an early Ruger Mini with a standard "sporter" stock on it, and then stuck a factory folder on it....its illegal now? For some reason that strikes me as BS...but if its important to you, I'd call the ATF myself and look for advice outside the local "shithouse" lawyers.

As for value, I nearly bought a 180 series myself for $500 with one 20 and one 30 factory mag, in an aftermarket synthetic folder. With the original gear I'd probably add another $150-$200 onto what its worth, and take the rest of the accessories at face value.
Link Posted: 9/2/2003 1:13:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/3/2003 5:54:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Doesn't matter what configuration it was in.  If its a 180 series most of the after market stuff won't fit.  Trust me on this one, I had a 180.  

Sold mine for $300 to finance my first AR.

If the 20 rounders are Ruger factory, they're worth a few bucks.  If after market, no.  

So far I haven't noticed any premium for the early series guns.  But Ruger collectors are pretty scarce in these parts.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top