Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2003 1:22:37 AM EDT
Which ones are the best?  I used Thermolds for quite some time, in FA as well, along with the GI mags (K-line, etc.), but I want some opinions and facts from ya'all.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 3:12:45 AM EDT
[#1]
www.ammo-oracle.com

(everything you need to know)
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:13:25 AM EDT
[#2]
  The GI mags with the green followers are probably the best.....though I really like thermolds.  hope the AWB stays away so that they can make a comeback....
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 4:36:19 AM EDT
[#3]
#1 GI w/green followers and new springs
#2 GI w/green followers and new springs
#3 GI w/green followers and new springs
#4 H&K Steel SA80/M16 mags (if you're LE)
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 10:28:19 AM EDT
[#4]
The best are the USGI mags with the green followers.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 2:51:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 3:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You'd think that someone would have put a Magazine Forum here with an AR15 Mag FAQ and a Ranking of AR15 Mags.  But, no, I'm sure that's not the case.

-Troy

Link Posted: 8/21/2003 10:25:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You'd think that someone would have put a Magazine Forum here with an AR15 Mag FAQ and a Ranking of AR15 Mags.  But, no, I'm sure that's not the case.

-Troy

Ok, ok, thanks for all of the advice.  Isn't it easier to just ask instead of lokking though?  
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 6:52:16 AM EDT
[#8]
For people that are too lazy to look, yes, it is easier to ask.
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 10:16:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
For people that are too lazy to look, yes, it is easier to ask.

Hey ASS-HOLE, beg your pardon that you consider asking a redundant question as being lazy.  I imagine that if we always searched for the topic we had a question about, it would be pointless to post about anything ever again...  To everyone else that gave me links and info, thank you very much!  
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 11:31:43 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 5:46:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Isn't it easier to just ask instead of lokking though?

Hey ASS-HOLE, beg your pardon that you consider asking a redundant question as being lazy.  I imagine that if we always searched for the topic we had a question about, it would be pointless to post about anything ever again...  To everyone else that gave me links and info, thank you very much!  

You post that its easier to just ask instead of looking...easier than what?

Easier than waiting for devine intervention??
Easier than having an epiphany?

No, as you acknowledged, its easier to ask than read the tacked FAQs. Its easier to ask than using the search function. Its easier to ask than reading 5 pages of posts to see if someone else asked a similar question. That is lazy or ignorant of the boards operation. Since you've been a member for a few months, and have had a number of postings, I gave you the benefit of the doubt that you had taken a look around. This  would have ruled out the ignorant aspect. Guess I was wrong, eh?

Link Posted: 8/22/2003 8:12:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I like my '20s' w/the right ammo. *I'm led to believe their per-ban w/metal followers. I do not like that plastic stuff, even though its liter.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Best mags by far are USA and Triple-K!
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 6:14:11 PM EDT
[#14]
Gotta agree USA is the way to go.  Best mags and best name in the business.  
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:50:47 PM EDT
[#15]
USGI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:52:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Don't listen to him, overpriced crap.  USA, Triple-K... can't go wrong!
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't listen to him, overpriced crap.  USA, Triple-K... can't go wrong!

Ditto. Amen brother, all the way.

Also, the best kept AR15 mag secret is that the USA mini-14 mags work great as well. Though if you have an Oly, the magwell may be a bit too tight.
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:44:13 PM EDT
[#18]
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, welpers, sorry that I hurt so many of your feelings.  And as far as the bogus info on USA mags, that is quite nice of ya'all to post that.  [:\]
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight, welpers, sorry that I hurt so many of your feelings.  And as far as the bogus info on USA mags, that is quite nice of ya'all to post that.  [:\]

It's called initiation you wanker

Welcome to ARFCOM
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:36:08 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's called initiation you wanker

Welcome to ARFCOM

Awwwwwww shucks HIRAM, you sure know how to make a newbie feel welcome!!!  LoL, i'll search at least once now before posting questions to save redundancy.  Guess that combative personality of mine comes out over the computer as well, my apologies.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 11:28:06 AM EDT
[#21]
I have heard great things abpout the SA80 mags of late!

I got's a few on order so I will let y'all know in the near future!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:17:17 PM EDT
[#22]
SA80 mags work great, USGI work great, and Thermolds work great.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:20:25 PM EDT
[#23]
I used my SA80 mags for the first time yesterday.  Sometimes the first round wasn't the easiest to strip off... maybe I should have started with like 28 rounds in the mags instead of 30 until the springs loosened.  Otherwise, they worked flawlessly.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 8:44:09 PM EDT
[#24]
I make it a habit to load all my 30 rnd mags with 28 rnds to avoid the problem of the mags not locking in place when the bolt's closed.  I like the heftiness of the SA80 mags, and being in AZ, there isn't much of an issue with rust.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 7:43:15 AM EDT
[#25]
If they are steel and blued, run from them like the Devil was after you.

There might be some good ones out there but every one I have ever seen has been unreliable.

Stick with GI, there is no real reason to buy anything else.

I've got a couple Thermolds and Orlites, and they are OK, but I'd rather have USGI.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top