Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/27/2003 4:36:43 AM EDT
I just wanted to say hello to everyone. My name Al Shear and I decided to delve into the AW arena. I had some extra cash so I purchased the following:
Colt SP1, ser# 128xxx, maybe from the late 1960s?
Colt Match Target Competion HBarII #cjc015xxx
Colt Sporter Target HBar #ST037xxx
Armalite AR-180 by Howa #S0003xx
Springfield Armory M1A #020xxx
Yugoslavian AK-47 #008xxx
Australian Arms SAP Pistol .223 #SAP1008xx

I am working on an FN and CETME but not to sure as of now. Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Al
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 6:16:43 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I just wanted to say hello to everyone. My name Al Shear and I decided to delve into the AW arena. I had some extra cash so I purchased the following:
Colt SP1, ser# 128xxx, maybe from the late 1960s?
Colt Match Target Competion HBarII #cjc015xxx
Colt Sporter Target HBar #ST037xxx
Armalite AR-180 by Howa #S0003xx
Springfield Armory M1A #020xxx
Yugoslavian AK-47 #008xxx
Australian Arms SAP Pistol .223 #SAP1008xx

I am working on an FN and CETME but not to sure as of now. Any hints or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Al

Al, looks as if you've bought mostly quality and without any help from this bunch !!  (I don't know anything about your SAP .223 pistol but you must know quite a bit about weapons to choose a preban AR-180 and a Howa at that.  A Yugo AK-47 is an advanced choice too.)

I don't speak "CETME" but there are others here who do.

You also mention adding an "FN" - do you mean a preban FN FAL or perhaps an assembled parts gun which would simply be an FAL ???
Link Posted: 7/27/2003 9:23:20 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. The CETME will be a shooter. The FN will be pre-ban. The SAP is one of 1000(?) that were imported from Australia by California Armory. It uses M16 mags and uses a double recoil spring system in the receiver. Very compact. The rifle version was called the Leader.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top