Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2003 3:33:13 PM EDT
There is a g3 knock off the cetme does anybody know any thing about? Any opions?
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:35:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually the G3 is a CETME nockoff.  The CETME was made and created before the HK G3 rifle.  Here's some information about the CETME taken from HKpro.com:

"In 1950, the Spanish Army formulated a requirement for a modern select fire shoulder rifle.  Development began at the Centro de Estudios Tecnicos de Materiales Especiales, an agency of the Spanish government more commonly known as CETME.  CETME assembled a team of Spanish and German weapon designers.  The team included Ludwig Vorgrimmler, generally recognized as the inventor of the delayed roller locking system.  The breech mechanism of the StG.45 (M) was used as the basis for the new design.

Prototypes of the new rifle were available for firing by 1952.  By 1954, the 7.62mm x 51 cartridge had been standardized by the then new NATO alliance.  The Spanish government approached Heckler & Koch for adaptation of the CETME rifle in this new caliber in 1954.  After about another five years of development, the West German Army adopted the new rifle in 1959, and gave it its new name, G3 or Gewehr 3.  As many as 50 nations have adopted the G3 as their standard infantry arm.  Though now superceded in Germany by the new G36, the G3 will continue to see service worldwide for some time to come."

CETME

Early G3A3, G3A3Z, G3A4
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 4:47:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Well has anybody actualy shot one? I want an opinion to.
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 4:27:51 AM EDT
[#3]
checkout www.gunboards.com they have a cetme discussion forum or cetmerifles.com it has lots of infomation on the cetme rifle. Die hard cetme fans seem to love it as much as we love our ar15s
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 5:04:06 AM EDT
[#4]
ive hung around the cetme forums for a while and have learned that the cetme is a great rifle, AFTER you get them fully tweaked.  unfortunately they are made by trained monkeys at CAI. some common problems are ground bolts and canted front sights and more. they can come out as perfect machines or train wrecks.  but from what i gather, most if not all are fixable.
so if you dont mind putting some work into it or maybe even sending it back to CAI, you can have a beautiful piece of history.

www.geocities.com/miketheelectrician1/cetme1.html

www.gunboards.com/forums/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Headlines&BID=30&SID=1605485
Link Posted: 7/21/2003 6:15:49 AM EDT
[#5]
I have wanted one, but now I don't.

POS!!!!

WELL!!!  I have only had experience with one, but heard worse.

A guy brought one into the range.  I let him fired my Hi-Point 9mm carbine, so he gave me the first shot with his CETME.

Well, after we spent 10 minutes trying to get it to feed from the magazine, we gave up and I manually inserted a round into the chamber.........CLICK...HUH!!!

Primer dented, but not enough.  try again.....CLICK....DAMN!

dented 3 rounds, never got it to fire, never got it to feed a round from the magazine.  The range officer said that he had never seen one come in that did not have problems.

I now, do not want one.  I will stick with my SKS.
Link Posted: 8/17/2003 8:54:49 PM EDT
[#6]
I've had my CETME for about two months now. I had it lock up on me after about 25 rounds. I tore it all the way down, cleaned and scrubbed and cleaned and scrubbed and then cleaned some more. I've have not had a problem with it since. It shoots under 2" at 100 yds, decent ammo is cheap right now and good 20 round HK mags can be found for as little as 3 bucks a piece. My only complaint other than how nasty is was when I got it (the bolt carrier looked like it came out of a pond!) is the setup on the sights. They can only be adjusted at the front. I am going to add a red dot to it soon to help out with this problem. Other than that, I'd say the 336.00 was worth it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 1:27:50 PM EDT
[#7]
At first mine gave me extraction problems. After I got that fixed the bolt started jamming halfway forward. (Ejector pivot loose, allowed ejector to slip inward and jam the bolt)
But now that I fixed that I have not had any problems with it and quite happy with it. It is quite accurate and quite loud. It has good ergonomics too.
If you don't mind minor gunsmithing it is worth it, if you are not mechanically inclined forget it.
Link Posted: 8/19/2003 7:56:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, the only probs I had with mine were the sights and some ftf's while breaking it in. It did jam once, but I think the guy shooting it didn't lock the mag in right. As for the sights, I removed the rear paddlewheel and ground some metal off the side and used a washer to push the aperture over maybe 1/8 an inch. Ugly, but it works. Slapping that charging handle down is worth $300 all by itself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top