Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2003 10:49:54 PM EDT
I'm looking at doing a 221/? whisper setup on a Remington action. I need to know if any 223 short action will fit any Remington short action stock, such as the Model 7 Youth 223 action fitting a short action VSSF stock? Because the angle of the trigger gaurd and floor plates on the two rifles appearing to be different i wonder if the actions would interchange? How hard is it to debarrel and barrel a bolt action? And, i need to know where to get a rifled Remington 308 barrel with action threads but not chambered so i could chamber it for 221. There probably isnt such a thing but if yall could give me some info i would greatly appreciate it.
Thanks,
Jeremy
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 5:27:36 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm not an expert but since noone else has replied I'll give my 2 cents.

I believe Rem. short action they use for the .223 is the same short action they use for the .308.  I do not know how interchangeable the components are from Model 7 to 700.  It may be an issue where you can mix and match parts to end up with a combination that works.

With the proper tools it is not that hard to rebarrel a bolt action but it also  takes some knowledge.  If you are asking you would probably be better served to take it to a gunsmith.  In the end it will be cheaper.  

The barrel will be available as a blank from any barrel mfg. but I do not not know about threaded but unchambered.  

Kent
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top