Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2003 7:18:21 AM EDT
i was thinking about getting an uzi kit, theyre easy enough to find, but what about the reciever?? i havent seen anyplace to get one.  i think that and the fact that id have to put that retarded 16" barrel on it are the only things that keep me from taking the plunge.

oh one more question:any welding required?
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 12:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
http://www.uziusa.com   =  recivers

http://www.cdnninvestments.com/uzi1.html

They have GOOD prices on accesories, like a IMI original folding stock for $39.99- to have one on hand for the death of the AW ban.
Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:44:32 PM EDT
[#2]
You can get complete build up receivers and parts from here.

www.danddsales.com/index.htm

Link Posted: 7/16/2003 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
If your talking buying a surplus demilled SMG kit there are few parts usable on a semi auto gun. Not worth buying.
Link Posted: 7/17/2003 4:28:01 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
If your talking buying a surplus demilled SMG kit there are few parts usable on a semi auto gun. Not worth buying.

so what kit should i get?  or are they all like that?
Link Posted: 7/18/2003 2:36:41 PM EDT
[#5]
I just bought a Norinco 320 today....IMI parts assembeled in China at the beginning of the ever-growing Sino-Israeli arms exchange (latest PLA fighter is based on the Lavi and carries Israeli supplied SRAAMs) in the late80s and early 90s.

Weird looking stock on the bugger, and at $500, I plunked down a little too much, but its the going price these days in this neighborhood so it doesnt kill, and it'll be a nice mate to my USP for tactical shoots, especially with a red dot on it.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 11:20:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Dave its not worth to build one. I learned the hard way.  The best deal right now for a UZI is a Vector post-ban.  $875.  Heat-treated receiver. Welded or wood stock.

I bought a IMI receiver for $295, and a D and D SA kit for $495. By the time I got it the way I wanted its very near the $875 and not finished as well as the Vector. Nor is it heated treated. I also had to buy a tap and rivet for the extractor. Because the receiver didnt come with one.  Another $35.  The SA kit I believe is now a few bucks more.

You can buy prebans on the open market for around $900 sometimes.  I would just buy one.

It is one of the easier guns to build.  All bolt or screw on.  I bought for the shear experience of trying to put a firearm together. But the novelty has worn off.  I am going to trade it in on something else.

Forget the FA kits.  A lot of them are worn and by the time you unweld the receiver parts for example and modify the trigger mech, you'll be in for a lot more then you bargined for.
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 4:52:54 PM EDT
[#7]
thaks for the info.
i have heard from a few others that it was a ton of work too.  
ive decided my next build will be either an AK or a 1911.  what do you think?
Link Posted: 7/19/2003 5:43:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually not that much work. The receivers you can buy are complete expect the extractor.  You have to tap out the hole and rivet in the extractor with a hammer.  Not too much skill or effort.  But the cost savings are not there.  If you enjoy tooling around its fun but the whole think took me about 30 min to complete while watching the history channel at the same time. But are going to put all this effort in to actually spend a few more bucks?  Its more because by the time you figure in shipping and insurance for the parts its actually more.

Does anyone want to buy a mint UZI?  NIB built by a gynecologist.  Ignore the smell and stains!
LOL
Link Posted: 7/23/2003 12:11:18 AM EDT
[#9]
ARDOC is right on the build up.
I too have wanted an UZI for some unknown reason. I just think their neat.
So I checked out the kits from a dealer at a gun show and the prices were real reasonable.
I then asked him how much to ACTUALLY get one
built and he was honest and said "About 800 dollars" with a frown on his face. NO THANKS !
I could buy a nice TIKKA/Remington/AR etc.for that much money. Oh well, maybe some day?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top