Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/10/2003 10:06:33 AM EDT
Well, the topic says it all.  Has anyone here put a red dot type scope on a Ruger PC9 rifle?  I want to add one to mine, but the rifle only has ruger scope mount grooves, not Weaver rails.

Ideas?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 10:18:41 AM EDT
[#1]
You have to have Ruger rings. I had a 1" tube red dot site on my PC9 (sold it, sob, sob). It was the type of red dot that does not have an integral base. I can't remember the brand. I had to add the sun shade to make it fit in the rings lengthwise. Worked great. Ruger also makes 30mm rings.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 9:13:25 AM EDT
[#2]
You do have to buy either Ruger-type rings, or I believe Brownell's sells a Weaver-type base that attaches to the ring attachment points on the receiver.

When shopping for Ruger rings, there are two types: the kind for the M77 (where one ring is higher than the other) and the other kinds for everything else (where both rings are equal height).

I found some medium height Redfield rings on Ebay for like $12.00 and slapped on a $30 Tasco red dot.  The rings were a bit high but it was a great combination.  The PC9 is the perfect carbine for a red dot.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 2:06:36 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I am going to have to do the same as you did and find some rings and a scope that will fit.  Midway has a few good candidates for not a lot of money.  Thanks for the help!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top