Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2003 4:40:01 PM EDT
I am going to get a few Bolister Monila's and I was thinking about getting one finished in Chrome or Nickel, anyone have any idea where to get this done and maybe how much?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:17:23 AM EDT
[#1]
i saw one at the fun store the other day that was in piss poor shape.  i was oddly turned on, thinking of all the refinishing it would need.  i was invisioning some OD gunkote for the frame and black slide, and maybe i could find a stainless trigger....  too bad i didnt have any money though. but i do hae a brand new AR so i guess the molina can go to someone else.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:02:44 AM EDT
[#2]
IMO, I'd avoid nickel as they scratch easily. Chrome can chip off after a while as well.

Robar does the best refinishing.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:10:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I had a Para hard chromed by Millennium 4 years ago. The finish look just like it did the day I got it back. Unfortunatelly Millennium went out of business about 6 months after I had it done.
Cost about $200.00 for the work. There are others that do the hard chroming. I just don't know who.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:23:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Whoa $200?

Thats a little to steep for a $180 pistol.

Hmmm what are my other options?
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 9:32:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I refinished my 9 supercomp with the Brownell's bake on teflon. seems to work well. Next time I do it I will remember to leave the thicker parts in longer. Some of the finish is pealing off.
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 1:17:49 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Whoa $200?

Thats a little to steep for a $180 pistol.

Hmmm what are my other options?

Buy a better gun?
Link Posted: 7/11/2003 4:46:35 AM EDT
[#7]
mmmmmmmmmmm....pay no attention to the naysayers....nickle plating and ivory grips ARE sexyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!    
                                               DO IT!!!

Imagine this:

1928 Thompson SMG
Nickle plated
Stablized Mammoth Ivory Stocks
Primitive Celtic/Druidic (or older) knotwork inlay.....SILVER of course

Magazines and Drums all Nickle Plated....ohhhh MAMA!!!!!!

and two, matching El Presidente' Colts also with the Stablized Mammoth Ivory grips and Nickle mags!!!!!!

YEAH, !!!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top