Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/8/2003 12:43:38 AM EDT
I try not to use a credit card when I can avoid it. Mostly use MO or some other form of payment. Some things cant be avoided though. How do you feel about all of your transactions being recorded?
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 2:38:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I have ten thousand reasons not to use a credit card.

Most of them are accrued.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 3:12:37 AM EDT
[#2]

How do you feel about all of your transactions being recorded?

I'm not paranoid, so I don't care.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm just the opposite in regards to CC's.

It allows me to keep track of my purchase, and to have something to fall back on it the transaction goes south.

P.S. If you want the big boy toys, it requires a FBI background check, so forget about being anonymous at that point on in life.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 11:51:41 AM EDT
[#4]
For firearms... always an insured money order. I am paranoid.
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 6:15:21 PM EDT
[#5]
I have only one credit card for emergencies, for daily use I have a debit card. I don't have any problem with the privacy issues.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 7:57:58 AM EDT
[#6]
I buy most of my stuff on the net, and use the credit card to do so.

If someone has a problem with what I buy, they know what they have to face if they want to confront me.
Link Posted: 7/9/2003 4:51:56 PM EDT
[#7]
money orders can be tracked too
I get cash back on my CC so I use it
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 11:11:24 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
How do you feel about all of your transactions being recorded?

welcome to the age of information.  if the government or anyone else wants some tidbit badly enough, they're going to get it.

and the person you bought from has your (or the person you sent to's) ffl# on file right?  and if you had it sent to an ffl, they did a nics check on you, correct?  so there is no such thing as an unrecorded firearms transaction on the internet.
Link Posted: 7/10/2003 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm talking about day to day life. Not just purchasing a firearm. No shit, if someone purchases a weapon from a licensed FFL you actions will be tracked. Same with a car or your house, not in some situations. But, like I said, I try and avoid a paper trail. Even though I take time to use another payment, such as cash, MO, or a debit card, if someone wants to know my personal info, it is out there. IRS can track cash flow etc... I would just rather not have one set of info some can look at and follow what I'm doing. For no one knows what the future may bring. Also helps to keep my credit rating out of trouble/problems if I ever need a loan, insurance etc....
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 2:23:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Who said the credit card was in my name
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 3:45:14 AM EDT
[#11]

I'm talking about day to day life. Not just purchasing a firearm. No shit, if someone purchases a weapon from a licensed FFL you actions will be tracked. Same with a car or your house, not in some situations. But, like I said, I try and avoid a paper trail. Even though I take time to use another payment, such as cash, MO, or a debit card, if someone wants to know my personal info, it is out there. IRS can track cash flow etc... I would just rather not have one set of info some can look at and follow what I'm doing. For no one knows what the future may bring. Also helps to keep my credit rating out of trouble/problems if I ever need a loan, insurance etc....

If you can be fiscally responsible and meet your obligations, then using a credit card for anything should never even be an issue. If you don't view yourself as a responsible adult, then possessing a credit card (and firearms) isn't for you.
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 5:06:01 PM EDT
[#12]
I have five credit cards with an agregate limit of over 30,000. My CC debt? Zero.
I use them for online purchases and traveling but I always pay 'em off.
Link Posted: 7/13/2003 4:29:38 AM EDT
[#13]
The only reason I have CCs in my name is if someting should ever happen to me, and I cant come up with the funds to support the situation, I will have something to fall back on. Like I said, it isn't about a lack of responsiblity of my behalf that keeps me from using a CC. I just dont want to create any problems down the road in the future. Be it with the gov. or anyone else. So, I use them as little as needed. I don't waste my money or my credit. Jason
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top