Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/3/2003 7:43:20 PM EDT
I pretty much have this one figured out but i'd like some thoughts....         -NO-

If one was to build a POST-BAN type UZI clone, with the correct amount of US parts to have a pistol grip- What if one was to install a folding stock pinned or welded in the closed postion-

I'm pretty sure the legality of the idea stops when measuring the total lenth of the finished rifle, with a 16 inch barrel-  I know the lenght would be under the limit for the GCA making it a SBR---- but I know the lenth of the rifle is messured with the stock extended not closed---- but if the stock can't be extended?-               ANYBODY?????
No question is stupid.....

And my UZI clone- a Norinco, has the barrel nut welded on, would it be legal to cut the welds and install a new nut so I can clean my barrel!!

Whats the deal with welding the barrel nut?
!?!
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
The length of the rifle is going to be measured by the stock that's on it, not the length that the stock WOULD be if you had a different (i.e. pinned open) stock on the gun.  The BATF doesn't distinguish between pinned open collapsible stocks, LE stocks with spacers, and A1 or A2 stocks when it comes to AR15s, they just measure the gun.  Is it over minimum length?  Yup, no problem, be on your way.  

As far as the barrel nut, I don't know if that counts as a threaded barrel or not, I'm not that familiar with any BATF rulings about Norinco Uzis.

Of course, if you register it as an SBR you could get rid of that dorky lookin' 16 inch barrel AND have the stock anyway you wanted it.  Personally I'm thinking of getting a post-ban Uzi (a friend of mine builds them from kits, using enough US parts, and reparkerizes them and everything) and hoping the AW ban goes away so I can stick the Uzi collapsible on it at 12:01 September 14, 2004.
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#2]
You can find answers to all of your UZI questions & more here:

www.uzitalk.com/

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top