Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2003 9:25:53 AM EDT
Guy at the local fun shop just took one of these in trade.....Never seen one like this,It has a wire teloscoping butstock,,,All ive ever seen is the side folders...Is this a rare piece? Hes asking $1100 and it looks allmost unfired.................UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 11:38:29 AM EDT
[#1]
They had one by me, too...looked like the flash hider was machined as part of the barrel (i.e. it was all one piece), and the wire stock. Some research I dug up suggested they were the really early ones, the first imports of the Daewoo rifles..later imports had the side-folding stock.
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 12:09:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The K1 Daewoo isn't really a rarity.  They've sold on the EE here for $1000 to $1300.  The preban K1 with the slider is a pretty cool rifle - they are built like a tank.  They use the AR type lower and internals with an AK piston gas system.  Very clean, accurate, and reliable.

I've never heard of them breaking, but if they do - that's where you are gonna have some trouble.  Parts for the K1, K2, AR100 etc. are very scarce and there isn't, and hasn't been, a source for parts for many years now.

I had a great K2 side folder and sold in part because of the parts issue.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2003 9:13:04 PM EDT
[#3]
So should I????  LOL.....................UNDERDOG
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 3:42:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Daewoo rifles basically come three ways:
1)K1A1, Max-I, AR-110C are all the same rifle imported by different folks.  This gun has a wire telescopic stock resembling a greasegun, and uses an M16-type gas system.  There is no piston.  They use M16 mags.  

2)K2, Max-II, AR100 are all the same rifle imported by different folks.  This gun has a side-folding stock.  One of the best designs for a side folder by the way.  They use an AK type gas system with piston, etc.  It is the standard rile of the ROK.  It uses M16 mags.

3)DR-200, DR-300 are the post-ban K2 (etal) with thumbhole.  The 200 is .223 and the 300 7.62x39.

All the Daewoos are well built.  The factory has been making M16's for decades under license from Colt.  They began making the newer rifles when the ROKs wanted something better than the M16A1 and wanted certain features and a "homegrown" rifle.  All the Daewoos in the states suffer from parts shortages in that there is no easy source for spare parts.  Some AR stuff will work, much won't.

The K1A1 you're looking at is a very nice compact carbine.  Think of it as being as good as a CAR-15, only able to collapse shorter because of the stock set-up.  Not the most confortable stock to shoot with (as any wire stock is), but a VERY handy gun.

I've had a K2 for a very long time (before the ban) and I don't worry about spare parts.

The price you're looking at is fair dinkum.

Rosss
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 5:21:03 AM EDT
[#5]

The .223 ones are pretty solid,,,,but the DR300 is subect to the same bolt breakage problem as the 7.62X39 AR. I've seen that happen first hand.
Link Posted: 7/4/2003 7:09:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys.....Dont really have 1100$ right now(Bought that dam ACOG LOL) but if hell do some tradin ill pick it up................UNDERDOG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top