Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 3:21:58 PM EDT
My DSA STG58 show's up sometime this week!  (thanks Woody!)

Let's see some pics!!!  I've got some serious FAL fever.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Here's my Century STG58 built on an Imbel "R1A1" receiver.  Put an Enterprise muzzlebrake on it, swapped out some crappy Century parts for an FSE trigger group, Penguin buttstock, US made gas piston, etc. etc. to make sure she'll run 100%.  After a couple thousand rounds of break-in I had it refinished in a polished hostile environment coating.  The gunsmith said this was the first gun he had ever attempted to polish using this coating, and it turned out fabulous as well as being very resistant to corrosion and scratches.

This my favorite gun of all. I call it my "cold dead hands" gun because there's only one way its leaving my possession.

Trust me, you will love your STG58.  One piece of advice--don't crowd the iron sights the way you do an AR15 or it will bitch-slap your face like Diana Ross at an airport terminal.  Keep your noggin midway along the buttstock and you should be ok.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:42:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Gunbert has a beautiful one.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 7:36:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I just have an early Century L1A1 import, around 1989.  It has a receiver stamped Made In Canada.  Was switched over from the thumbhole to a pistol grip a long time ago along with the needed US parts.  It was a steal out the door at $350 with a bag of mags.  I'm going to have Ohio Rapid Fire build me a carbine in the next month... YEAH!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 8:08:28 PM EDT
[#4]

Here's mine.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just have an early Century L1A1 import, around 1989.  It has a receiver stamped Made In Canada.  Was switched over from the thumbhole to a pistol grip a long time ago along with the needed US parts.  It was a steal out the door at $350 with a bag of mags.  I'm going to have Ohio Rapid Fire build me a carbine in the next month... YEAH!

Had OHR build me a FAL a couple of years ago.  They did a nice job - a very nice job.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 10:43:04 PM EDT
[#6]

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:19:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Suh-weet!!!

Duke, thanks for the tips.  Having only shot AR's for the last 3 years, I'm somewhat uneducated on the ins and outs of FALmanship.

Nice stuff guys!  I'm going to the range first thing this weekend!

H
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 6:44:43 AM EDT
[#8]

Here's mine, in the middle:

Another shot:

Yep, it's a pre-ban...now, if I could only get it to run without sinking more money into it (Gas tube retaining pin likes to walk out, no matter what I do..which means the gas tube likes to unscrew, which means it likes shooting single-shot only.)

I don't want to silver-solder the tube in..that's a bit too permanent for my tastes.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Heres my DSA SA58 in Tiger Stripe:

Link Posted: 6/24/2003 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#10]
ooooooooohhhh  

id post i pic of mine, but its still just a box of parts.

hey dred, how much you pay for yours?
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 12:08:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I paid $1500.
cash

No tax (Shhhhh)
4 extra mags.
and 60 rounds of ammo. (not surplus)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top