Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/23/2003 3:08:06 PM EDT
WOW!!!

Light shove to the body but the blast is really what rocked me!  That baby was friggin amazing.  I'm beside myself with awe.  That 50 BMG is one insane piece of ordinance.  I was nervous to pull the trigger so I flinched the first 3 shots pretty good.  Round 4-10 went much better.  300 yards only, didn't have the opportunity to shoot farther.  But ... wow....

Thought I'd share.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:20:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, a gentle shove to the shoulder and hey, wow, my sinuses are clear now!  

Highest grin-per-shot factor out there imho.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:15:49 PM EDT
[#2]
I got to shoot one at Knob Creek last year. I always wondered what a full auto one would be like?  
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 1:09:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Were you shooting a semi or one of their bolt guns?  I prefer the M82 to any of the bolt guns.  Got to meet Ron Barrett twice and he's a great guy and so are the guys at the plant.

De Oppresso Liber
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 2:10:45 AM EDT
[#4]
It was the semi auto.  That's another thing, you don't realize the magnitude of the 50 BMG until you check out that enormous magazine.  It was the size of a frisbee.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 9:16:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Didn't you just love that big ass cartridge when you held it in your palm? *GRIN*
Link Posted: 6/26/2003 5:59:32 AM EDT
[#6]
 How's that for loud?  One of my best friends has the ONLY gun that I can think of that is actually louder....a State Arms .50 with an 18 inch barrel!!!!!!!  Thank GOD he finally supressed it.

The Barret is one fun piece of equipment....too bad we all can't afford them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top