Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 2:47:51 PM EDT
wondered if anyone has one of these,,the action is super clean,,the shop has one in .308,,thinking of gettin one as my first bolt action..and wonder how it would be as a "tactical" rifle, it has tapered barrel..? any comments, suggestions, welcomed.thnks
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Those are high quality rifles, should be very accurate,As a tactical rifle, I think it would do well, If i'm not mistaken Tikka was/is owned by Sako...And Sako does'nt make inaccurate/mediocre quality rifles....
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 6:37:40 PM EDT
[#2]
What Ralph said.  Tikka's are highly rated and have quality where it counts.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 11:14:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Tikka's are a poor man's Sako, IMO.
Link Posted: 6/24/2003 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yes, you can say so, but the barrels are the same nowdays. 1/11" twist, very accurate, expect sub ½MOA. Very good rifles.

With Sako/ Tikka Optilock scope rings and high quality scope you can´t go wrong.

MN
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 5:38:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Not everybody can afford a Sako, and the Tika makes for a great substitute. They're perfectly capable rifles. I'm not so sure about a tactical role, unless you get the Sporter.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 6:58:25 AM EDT
[#6]
I have two. One in .308 and the other in 300WM.
I love them both.
Link Posted: 6/25/2003 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#7]
thanks for the input, i luv the action on the tikka, the bolt feels like its on ball bearings. soap dunno, lots of options out there.lol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top