Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2003 3:47:42 PM EDT

Its my first.  She's a SA Service Grade, all SA parts.

And wow is she a BEAUTY!

I'm not even touching the wood on this one!  It looks gorgeous.  The metal is very nice and it shoots straight.  Haven't punched any paper yet though, but the bore is great and the muzzle is tight.

Just thought I"d share my joy.  Best $500 I've spent in a while.  Thanks you CMP!

P.S.- I know I need pics, but as much as those cameras cost I could have another Garand.

Link Posted: 6/12/2003 4:22:10 PM EDT
[#1]
PICTURES!
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 6:53:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Is she all original? I.e. dates match on the parts, the barrel is SA and properly datestamped, etc?

Is the wood nice and cartouched?

If so...mother-f-er, you got a steal.

Even if the dates don't match, if the TE and MW guages are good, then hot damn. You got a steal that way, too.

Having gotten a bunch from the CMP (exactily ONE is shootable; one duplicate serial numbered springfield, one WIN-13, and one completly original unmolested 1944 build springfield...the shootable is one of the danish ones), I've had more than my fair share of good luck with the CMP. It's good to see someoen else gets some, too.

Congrats, and a range report would be nice
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#3]

I'm not sure about the dates matching, I just see that everything has "SA" on it.

The barrel says "53".  I'm assuming 1953.  Reciever is in the 4 millions.

I'm really happy w/ the wood and metal finish and the bore.  The wood looks like a new wood stock, but with a dew dings and nicks. The stock and handguards match.

I never did before, but now I understand why people hoard these things.  I read on another forum that they are officially "out of stock" on the Danish VAR's

I need to get a SG Dane fast.  After all, I need something to tinker with and clean up.  This one is just fine as is.

Link Posted: 6/12/2003 7:46:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Happy  "CHING"ing.

You can goto fultonarmory.com and check the serial number list for years.

hotlinked

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 12:28:55 PM EDT
[#5]

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!!

I got my index finger caught in the chamber cleaning the M1 last night.  My nail is black and the finger is swollen from the first nuckle up.  Lesson learned I guess.  God that hurt though!

Link Posted: 6/13/2003 5:23:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Ahhh, the M1 thumb!! Sorry bro, better you than me!! :)
Link Posted: 6/15/2003 8:17:58 AM EDT
[#7]
you gotta watch that old girl... she'll bite you!

For mucho M1 discussion, check out the M1 forum over at www.jouster.com

AND POST SOME STINKING PICS!!!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top