Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2003 10:00:22 AM EDT
I need to get a muzzleloader for an elk hunt this fall, and I really like the stock on the Encore.  I like the fat and vertical grip, as well as the trigger position.  Other than the fact that it is relatively expensive, are there any other drawbacks to going with this rifle?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/11/2003 6:27:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Although I have never shot one, I have looked into buying one. They feel sweet in your hands, are easier to clean, can take magnum charges (3 50 grain pyrodex), and you can swap out the top for a single shot centerfire or 12  gauge. You may also want to check out an Omega by Thompson. I have only read good reviews about both guns, and the Encore seems to be the one most heavily used in Realtree videos. The encore is expensive, but not compared to the Knight, markesberry, and some of the other high end stuff. i don't think you can go wrong with an encore.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 5:16:35 PM EDT
[#2]
I own one.  Blued barrel with Real Tree furniture.

That firearm is one cool piece of engineering.

It is pricey, but oh man doesn't that baby feel right in your hands.  I love mine.

Sweet muzzleloader.  I've shot a lot of muzzleloaders with some friends, the Encore is and will continue to be my favorite.

TC Arms makes the best muzzleloader out there, in my opinion.  The Encore being the best brand...more so than the new Omega...for ergonomic reasons alone.

Plus...you can swap out the barrel for different calibers if you wish.

Good luck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top