Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2003 12:58:44 PM EDT
Well, kinda.

This is a Chief AJ custom Chipmonk in 17HMR.

My grandson is three; maybe he can shoot it in a couple years.
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 1:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Oslow, I was not at last years BRC but understand there were some Chipmonk's (not Chief AJ's of course) for the younger shooters and they went over very well.  I started shooting when I was six so the grandson has only got three to go.  (Course I did live in very rural Soth Alabama !!)
Link Posted: 6/7/2003 2:10:43 PM EDT
[#2]
This is a cute little rifle with cute little ammo. The guys at the WHITE BARN did a nice job of putting it together; it even has a cute little custom Chipmonk case. It hasn't been fired yet; they only bore-sighted it.

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 4:49:24 AM EDT
[#3]
...pretty neat....for shooting chipmonks....you need a bigger scope though.......(sorry..had to wise off to somebody).....it is a neat idea....somebody`s bound to steal it.....
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:40:10 AM EDT
[#4]
I really hate those little ".22" scopes that you can't see through. They tried a bigger scope first; it was just a little much. This is a kiddy rifle but it is not a toy so it was set up to shoot. It is not heavy or unbalanced at all.

It is small though; very very small. It is awkward as heck for me to hold. There doesn't seem to be anywhere to put your hands.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top