Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/6/2003 9:34:05 AM EDT
I'm looking for a good place to buy a pair of these pistols. I saw them a while back and now that I have some extra $$$ I can't find a good place (With a good price) to buy them through. Anyone know who has them?

Tall Shadow

Link Posted: 6/6/2003 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#1]
you may check out Cruffler.com... they had a review with a few C&R distributors that HAD some.  Not sure if they do.

The 1927 Sistema must be the COOLEST reason to get a C&R.  Order one on your C&R, and it ships directly to you!  (if your state doesn't crap on you first)

Link Posted: 6/8/2003 9:16:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Hey Matthew,
Yep, I was an FFL years ago, Before the kids, when I had Money!. I have been mulling over getting a C&R just to get through some of the BS Here in michigan. Thanks for the info!

Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 5:04:47 PM EDT
[#3]
www.cruffler.com/JLD.html

go to this page and scroll down they aren't that expensive but I have heard mixed things about them.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#4]
If I remember right, those are the exact copies of the 1911, right?

I'd jump on it. Built on Colt tooling by folk who knew they were going to be used, and didn't cut corners. They're every bit as good as a USGI-stamped 1911.

I know there was another model which was NOT an exact copy; nothing interchanges except for a few parts...but, I've also handled one of those. (I know it sounds lame, but I can't remember which was which )

The non-copy was...weighty, the same Colt .45 barrels fit just as well, and I gotta say. It's all good at that point.

Either one will do you good.
Link Posted: 6/8/2003 10:28:18 PM EDT
[#5]
IIRC, the Ballaster Molina was the cheaper, in mores ways than 1, model. I think about the only part that was interchangable with a Colt was the mag.

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 8:08:37 AM EDT
[#6]
The Sistema 1927 is an EXACT copy of the Colt 1911, built on Colt tooling.  ALL parts should interchange.

The Ballester Molina is another copy, but it is NOT identical.  Few parts will interchange.  

The Sistema is one hella bang for the buck, even if they've been rode hard and put up wet, they're great for building up on.  I plan on getting a couple if I can.

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 2:58:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
The Sistema 1927 is an EXACT copy of the Colt 1911, built on Colt tooling.  ALL parts should interchange.

The Ballester Molina is another copy, but it is NOT identical.  Few parts will interchange.  

The Sistema is one hella bang for the buck, even if they've been rode hard and put up wet, they're great for building up on.  I plan on getting a couple if I can.

Exactly! That's Why I want a Pair!!

I have other 1911's, and I've been wanting an "Older" one. Well I was watching the work being done on a pair of them over at Roderus Custom gunworks and said "Hummm!" A PAIR!!?!.
I want to do a pair kind of like He did, but with a few slight changes. These seem to be the ones to use. If I can find them!

Thanks Everyone!
Tall Shadow
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:36:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:39:01 PM EDT
[#9]
check out what this guy did with his pair:

roderuscustom.tzo.com/progressDetail1.htm

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 6:54:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Exactly! That's Why I want a Pair!!

Yeah baby!!!

Link Posted: 6/9/2003 7:10:56 PM EDT
[#11]

Link Posted: 6/10/2003 5:25:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got 2 and they are good shooters. SOG advertises them (factory reparkerized) for $399 (dealer cost). I recently purchased one of these and it was in very good condition.

I did find that the thumb safety had been "worked on" and would not "work". I had to order another safety and will have to fit it when it arrives.

The one I got from SOG cost $329 (the price recently increased) and it was a deal!!!!

Have an FFL check these out for you.

Good Luck
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top