Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2003 1:32:26 PM EDT
Anyone here have one that has changed out the stock to a bullpup or pistol grip.  I would really like to  go with a bullpup but wanted to hear some feedback on it. Thanks
Link Posted: 6/2/2003 11:36:28 PM EDT
[#1]
You'd love the way it looks, but hate the way it shoots. The bullpup stock set places the sights so far above the bore that when added to the high trajectory of the 9mm round, the sights will be "on" ONLY at the range you zeroed; at any other range, they'll be WAY off. Plus, the trigger in the BP stock sucks, SUCKS, SUCKS!
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 3:18:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:20:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Ok so the bullpup is out then. I'll take function over looks anyday.  I have searched high and low for a pistolgrip or skeletonized stock no luck. I guess there aren't enough of them out there to warrant it. Sad So Sad. I will have to check into the custom stock makers then.  (knew that about the +p, but thanks for posting it Troy)
Link Posted: 6/3/2003 5:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I have had a few of these and can tell you that if you do not have a super early one with the bead ft. sight, and has the bolt hold open thumb catch and red front sight, it handles quick and points super as is. The trigger is tough but this is a low line carbine anyway [255.00 new]. S&W mags are a plus and I happen to have a somewhat rare S&W factory 20rd. 9mm. mag laying around.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top