Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2003 5:16:38 PM EDT
I see these frequently at gunshows for around $160 or so. Are they worth it?
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 5:20:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I just cleaned up one and repainted it for a friend of mine.  I took it to the range to sight in a scope for him.

It works - goes bang...accurate within a handprint at 100 yards.

I guess it's a decent carbine...only holds 10 rounds though, and it's not the most cosmetic thing on the gunshow tables.

But for $160, how could you go wrong!
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I've got one.  It goes bang every single time you pull the trigger and never jams.  The only bad thing about it is the 10 rnd mag.  that alone makes it stay home when i go shooting.  I have a Marlin camp carbine that accepts 30 rnd S&W mags that i take out instead.  If somebody would come out with a high cap mag for it (after the AWB goes away) then I would recommend it.  Until that time I would advise to stay away.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 6:45:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Just don't pack it under a trenchcoat and walk into a high school with it.
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 8:11:14 PM EDT
[#4]
yes, they are worth it....I bought one and it is really accurate up to 50 yards, and the ammo is cheap.....the Winchester target loads shoot really good in mine.............the back sight is pretty flimsy, so, don't drop it...lol...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 5:47:38 AM EDT
[#5]
THey are alot of fun. Fun to plink with. Ugly as all get-out, but functional!

My gf likes to shoot it. One of these days, I'll get her behind my AR...

Link Posted: 5/29/2003 6:11:43 AM EDT
[#6]
I've been looking for a pistol cal. carbine and between this and the Kel Tec Sub 2000 I think I'll pay the extra $80 or so for the Kel Tec.  Not that there is anything wrong with the Hi Point carbine (pistols on the other hand...)  I just feel that the ability to accept high cap mags and the fact that it folds to 16" is worth the extra money.  Everyone I've talked to about the hi-point says that they are definately worth the money though.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 9:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
The day they come out with a .45 is the day I'll buy one. I've seen them in action.
Just delish! But I've got too many 9mm already. I need a break!  Let there be .45!
In fact, how about a Post-Ban Hi-Point with all the Evil Features for October 2004 in .45?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top