Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2003 6:14:07 PM EDT
Hey guys and gals! I was going to post this on the equipment exchange but I was afraid that it would be a little too off topic since I am not sure of my asking price yet. So I decided that the General Forum would be the best place.

I have a Pre-Ban(for what it is worth) Ruger Mini-14 that is the GB or Government Bayonet model. Without going to the safe, I am 95% sure that the serial # starts with 183 in the pre-ban range. It is stainless with the regular full length barrel, flash suppressor, bayonet lug, and otherwise standard full wood stock. I have the original 20 round Ruger factory mag which seem to be hard to find, one Ruger 5 round mag, and two John Mason Co. 30 round mags that work perfectly with the gun.

I have not gotten the chance to pull out the digital camera, but if we assume that it is in normal, good, used but not abused condition for it's age what would be the going price for this rifle with all the magazines?

BTW, the only reason I am selling it is because I now have an AR-15 and a second upper for it. I don't ever shoot the Mini now because of this, and I can't afford to hold onto a rifle that I don't shoot. I have no safe queens.

Also, if you do happen to be interested in what you have read here, feel free to IM me and I will pull out the camera and try to email pic to the interested parties.

Thank you for all your information!

drew
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 10:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I would say a factory folder would bring around $700 at retail so a GB probably a couple hundred less. The factory mag is worth close to a hundred, The off brand mags are worth nothing.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 10:40:50 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I would say a factory folder would bring around $700 at retail so a GB probably a couple hundred less. The factory mag is worth close to a hundred, The off brand mags are worth nothing.

$700 for a GB as you describe is the going rate.If you have the factory box, ask for $100 more. $75 for the factory 20 rd mag is reasonable, unless you have the box it came in, then insist on $90. The Masons are probably close to $40 each.  

Link Posted: 5/31/2003 2:09:31 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have the original box. Do you guys think that this would be something worth putting on the equipment exchange, or are minis not as hot a thing on here as the trade and sales of the ARs that we are all enthusiastic about.

BTW, thank you both for the replies!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top