Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/27/2003 8:11:10 AM EDT
Where is a good place to find a decent (shooter) M1 Carbine? Have money in hand and need one asap.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:04:42 AM EDT
[#1]
If you come across a Universal , be careful , they have a reputation for being problematic ( Ican attest from personal experience )...

If you are looking for a shooter , then perhaps you should consider the IAI carbines being imported from Israel....less cost than a G.I. and you do not need to worry about collector value ........

hope that helps...

t
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:50:21 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you come across a Universal , be careful , they have a reputation for being problematic ( Ican attest from personal experience )...

If you are looking for a shooter , then perhaps you should consider the IAI carbines being imported from Israel....less cost than a G.I. and you do not need to worry about collector value ........

hope that helps...

t

No Universal's for us thanks.

IAI is what I(my wife) really want, but am having a hard time finding one, especially at a decent price. Want to stay in the $400-$550 range, and the couple I have found were going for $575-$700.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 11:52:16 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Riverbank Armory

I had checked them out. Some VERY nice M1's. Seem's most of theirs are more collectors grade though from the prices. Just need a shooter for the wife.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 12:00:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Some are in the 700-800 range, which they seem to be going for these days.

Just a few years ago you could pick up a shooter for $250.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 2:26:24 PM EDT
[#6]
I know. I cant believe some of the prices I am seeing. I had an Underwood a few years ago that was a frekain tack driver and 100% reliable. All GI. I traded a beat up Marlin 336 30-30 that I bought from a guy I worked with for $50, that I refurbished for it. Sorry I ever got rid of it, as it was a great rifle, and exactly what my wife is wanting.
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 3:46:42 PM EDT
[#7]
hey guys i have a IAI m1 carbine im lookin to sell. The gun is like new and is very accurate. i am trying to get some funds together for a krink build. $350.00 shipped.if interested e mail me at [email protected]
Link Posted: 5/28/2003 4:42:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
hey guys i have a IAI m1 carbine im lookin to sell. The gun is like new and is very accurate. i am trying to get some funds together for a krink build. $350.00 shipped.if interested e mail me at [email protected]

Email sent.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top