Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/22/2003 9:43:28 AM EDT
I LOVE MY ENFIELD BUT IT IS TO HEAVY IS THERE ANY OTHER SYNTHETIC?? STOCKS AVAIL ? THE ONLY ONE I HAVE SEEN IS MORE HEAVY THAN THE ISSUE ITEM. ALSO I WOULD LIKE TO SHORTEN IT AND ADD A BETTER FRONT SIGHT . ANYONE DONE THIS ? PICTURES ?    HELP!!!!
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 12:20:19 PM EDT
[#1]
DONT BUTCHER YOUR RIFLE

If you have a milspec Enfield, either enjoy it as it is, or sell it and buy one that someone else has already chopped up. They arnt making any more of these things you know?

I dont know about where you are from, but around here I can go into nearly any pawn shop and find an Enfield someone has already hacked beyond restorable repare to tinker with, Once again, if its in good military shape, DONT SCREW WITH IT, you'll thank yourself later.

If you'd LIKE to sell it so you can have some cash for a bubba special, I'm always in the market for Enfields, drop me a line...

Ryan
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 1:23:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I agree with RebelGray.  I saw a decent No.4 for $80 in a pawn shop, and if yours is in good condition, then I would leave it as is, and buy a pawn shop junker to sporterize.

Butler Creek makes a synthetic stock, or SOG has jungle carbines going for under $200.......thats my next buy.

A friend of mine has some very nice sporters in his shop.....I don't know what they are going for, but I would be happy to give you some more info....IM if you want.

JH94
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top