Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2003 8:49:29 AM EDT
Hello the board, I have a problem and I am hoping you guys can help. I have a friend who has a Golden State Arms Santa Fe M59 Trooper rifle in 7.62 NATO. He got this gun a few years back and he shot it alot. It started to slow down on him, it was not ejecting the rounds as good as it did when he first got it so he asked me to take a look at it. It turns out he had never cleaned it and so we asked around and found out the gun is basicly a cut down M1 Garand with a box magazine. We were told you break it down and clean it just like an M1. Well, we did that, we both own M1's and so we know how to break down the rifle and we did, we cleaned it real good but now it won't eject the fired cases. What did we do wrong? We have tried different ammo, and the results are the same. The rifle fires but the action only goes back about an inch or so, the case stays in the gun, it does not get ejected. We called Beretta but they could not help us and we could not find a listing for Golden State Arms Corp. Does anyone know if they still exist and where they might be? The gun says Pasadena, CA on the receiver but we had no luck in Pasadena.
Thanks in advance,
Mark
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Golden State Arms closed about 25 years ago and is now a furniture store.

I recommend disassembling the bolt and cleaning the parts. Sometimes, brass shavings cause the ejector and extractor plunger to stick. You may also want to replace the extractor and ejector springs too.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 8:42:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Call the good folks at Reece surplus. They're selling BM59s. They might be able to help.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:50:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Hello RobarSR60, can you tell me how to get ahold of Reece surplus?
Thanks and take care,
Mark
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 5:48:43 AM EDT
[#4]
www.reesesurplus.com

Also, Springfield Armory sold many, many of them and probably can help.

www.springfield-armory.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top