Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2003 6:41:42 PM EDT
What assault rifle fo the Chinese use now? Some bullpup right? How does it shoot?
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:38:05 PM EDT
[#1]
So far, their new rifle is the 5.8x42mm Type 95. I think the Chicom is still using the Type 56 and 81/84 series rifles as their main rifles until this series is produced in sufficeint numbers for replacement. The only time I have seen the new rifle was during the return of Hong Kong ceramonies.  
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 10:08:23 PM EDT
[#2]
It's an enigma rifle. It's out there (like the AK-74 was), but to my knowledge, no one we know of has gotten their hands on one for proper CampyBobesque inspection.

Here's more info:

www.ak-74.net/archives/reviews/qbz95/

They do make a .223 version for exporting prole pimpin fun. I bet it's just a Tavor clone given the Israeli-Chinese ties:

"The Qing Buqiang Zu (light rifle family) 95, or QBZ-95 is manufactured by Norinco, and is a bull pup design that utilizes a three lug-rotating bolt, carrier, and adjustable short stroke gas piston system."

Yep, "gas operated and rotating bolt".

www.imi-israel.com/

I don't know what the infatuation is with bullpups. You don't gain all that much in weigh reduction, which is far more important than overall length, given that there are collaspible stocks to make such things more portable. A bullpup is nice in CQB due to the shorter length, but then you have that damn brass flying next to your face. A M4 or G36K isn't that damn bad in terms of length you know.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 12:38:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I wonder if we could get the 5.56x45mm version imported after the ban expires?
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 9:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
you won't get anything new imported after the ban, because the 89' import ban is different than the AWB.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top