Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2003 7:26:41 AM EDT
I've heard mixed opinions about fulton armory and was wanting some more opinions or if anyone has ordered a rifle from them.. how is it?  Is it worth the somewhat steep price?
Link Posted: 5/16/2003 6:40:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Fulton Armory has a first class rep with me. They told me to save my money when I was going to order some Garand parts. Obviously they didn't have to say that.

Are their guns worth it? They're like the H&K of the mil-surp world, IMO. The models from them that I've seen all looked first class.

You'll have to determine if they're worth it for yourself. It's not all bad to have a company backing up its guns if you should have a problem.

If you can afford them, I'd vote to go for it.

My .o2
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 8:32:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Fulton Armory is pricey. But what they build is normally top knotch built. I haven't ever heard a complaint about one of there rifles other than price.They build some nice M14 also ( with your receiver ).As far as getting a great rifle , a Thumbs up.If your looking for a Bargin price  ,they will hurt your feelings...LOL, Ive ordered only parts through Fulton, and got what they described and got it fast. WarDawg
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:25:15 AM EDT
[#3]
$1000 is a lot of scratch for an M1 carbine, IMO.  There just isn't that much to the gun; you can improve it only just so much.

You'd be better off looking around for a regular surplus gun, in the $400 range.

If you really want to spend $1000 with FA, I would be looking at an AR.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 5:32:01 AM EDT
[#4]
I want a USGI carbine not a IMI.  I agree 1000 is a bit high but it is hard to find a nice M1 Carbine.  Maybe i'll just buy me another 308 Garand.
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I think IMI's are $500 or so.   You can still find USGI guns out there, in the $300-400 range.  I see a few at every gun show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top